Thought I was done...Need combo help...

NicD

Mar 4, 2004
After researching and getting opinions from many of you here i decided on a combo that includes just about everything on the top side of the motor. Now I've since decided to rebuild the motor with CHP's 347 Stroker kit. It'll be a daily driver ('90GT) - but I only do about 15 miles a day tops.

My question is, what in my original combo needs to change to accomodate the stroker kit?:

This is the original combo I need to re-evaluate:

Edelbrock Aluminum cylinder heads
Crane 2040 Cam
Edelbrock Performer Manifold
Crane 1.7 Cobra roller rocker arms
BBK 1-5/8” Equal length headers
BBK 70mm throttle body
BBK 70mm EGR plate
Pro M 75mm Mass air sensor
24lb injectors (brand not yet determined)

Thanks in advance, guys...

• Sponsors (?)

the question is how much power and/or driveability do you want. If driveability is what your looking for your current ideas might be ok, but you might lag on the power side of things actually you might end up starving the motor for air, i would say to go a little bigger with the heads and intake because its a stroker. Now if you want power, hear is what i would recommend, go bigger on the heads, cam and intake. i would use a pro-m 80mm mass air sensor it provides better driveabilty than the 75mm at least thats what i was told so i went with it. Depending on how big you go with the heads cam and intake the 24lb injectors should work. and as far as exhaust you would be ok with the 1 5/8 headers.

i have a 331 stroker with AFR 185 heads, comp cam .564/.574 with 232/240 duration and a holley systemax intake. im using 30lbs injectors and a 255lph fuel pump, im also using a 70mm tb. It runs good, pretty fast so far, ran a 12.98 on street tires befor i swaped to the holley systemax intake, i had a performer rpm on it before and havent made it to the track since the swap. the main thing you have to remember is that the bigger you go with the cam the less driveability you get. when i come to a light after my car is warmed up the idle jumps around and i have to feather the gas to keep the car from stalling. this will soon be taken care of, im getting a anderson fordmotorsport PMS engine managment system which should help smooth things out.

are you planning on assembling the stroker kit yourself, if so remember that for a 347 the cyclinders need some clearancing at the bottom to clear the connecting rods. that is one of the reasons i opted for the 331 no changes to the block are neccary
another thing that is a good idea it to get a main support for the bottom end this definatly helps keep things together.
if you have any questions or other ideas e-mail me at [email protected]