Thoughts on new exhaust set-up...

Well the old set-up which I ran for a couple weeks was stock headers,stock 4cat hpipe and nothing else...the Mineke mufflers had rotted off. It sounded like a stock stang with no mufflers..not really loud but not good either. Welllll.....the new set-up is Hedman equal length shorties,pypes offroad xpipe and Used Spintech 3in sportsmans with dumps. But honestly..it doesnt sound any different....like seriously...it sounds like crap lol. I havent really taken out and driven it but my roommate picked it up for me and when she got home she revved it up a couple times and i told her to just shut it off. Ill try and get a vid tomorrow and see what happens. But right now...it hardly sounds any different.

I would compare it to a set of turbo mufflers with a stock hpipe or a badly made catted aftermarket hpipe. So im going to run it for a lil bit...put some miles on it and see if the pipe starts to sound beter at some point. But as of right now...im prolly going back to Flowpath's like i have run on my last 2 stangs and like I sold my roommate for her 98GT with a PI longblock swap. I was getting the spintechs to be different and really like the Spintech Pro's but got a deal on the Sportsmans. Oh well we will see what happens.

Vince

• Sponsors (?)

Nahh ill work on that today....the sounds has set in some. The xpipe is broken in now i guess you could say. Its still not very loud as i think the 3in spintechs are just overkill. I actually did lose some bottom end but it does pull harder in the midrange. If the car was a manual im sure it wouldnt be as bad. Im going to a topless car wash today so ill see if they let me take pics of vids of it lol.

Nahh ill work on that today....the sounds has set in some. The xpipe is broken in now i guess you could say. Its still not very loud as i think the 3in spintechs are just overkill. I actually did lose some bottom end but it does pull harder in the midrange. If the car was a manual im sure it wouldnt be as bad. Im going to a topless car wash today so ill see if they let me take pics of vids of it lol.

YOU BETTER DO IT OR YOU'RE :chair:

lol

i'm assuming you have a 3" X to go with those 3" sportsmans huh? that's probably too big man. and X pipes are loud at WOT. quieter at idle. get an H if you want a bit more "all around" sound. i have spintech pro streets but i've never heard the sportsmans. i LOVE my setup. longtubes, 2.5" H and spintech prostreets dumped. i just wish i had better quality parts than my chitty hedman headers and wack custom H pipe that has an "S" curve in the left pipe because the header is bent. :nonono: when the budget allows, i'm getting bbk long tubes with a matching H and keeping my spintechs. i'll probably hook my tails back up at that point though. :nice: