Three Mustangs I'm Considering Now...

I'm leaning towards the 02 GT. I've run a Carfax on them all. The Cobra is a one owner car, but the last odometer reading was 73k on 9/12/05. Since it hasn't be recorded as "Vehicle offered for sale", I'm wondering if it is being sold on consignment.

The GT is a two owner car and no records other than emissions tests. I'm going to check it out this weekend. Thanks for all the input!

• Sponsors (?)

You never said how much they where. We will be able to tell you if you are doing well or need to look some more.

Keep in mind mustangs are a dime a dozen and you can find them anywhere so dont get your heart set on just a few. Besides it winter time so you should be able to get a better deal.

I just did a edmunds value for dealer retail on all three in my area

01 Cobra - $12446

02 GT - $12,304

99 GT - $7,984

I'd say Cobra but that is a lot of miles for an American car. At over 6 years old and 50k miles mine already has a few eccentricities. Though with any used car you should be prepared for any unexpected mechanical troubles that pop up.

If you're not afraid of a little mileage, go ahead and get the Cobra, since it's othewise the superior car. All other things being equal, the newest car with the least amount of mileage is always the better bet.