Throttle Body how to decide what size

ok guys, I have seen several different sizes to use but would like to understand how to come to the correct size for a specific application. The combo will be a 347 with AFR 185's and Spyder intake, and something comparable to a b cam. Any help would be greatly appreciated on how you come to the decision of the correct size.

• Sponsors (?)

loboboy said:
ok guys, I have seen several different sizes to use but would like to understand how to come to the correct size for a specific application. The combo will be a 347 with AFR 185's and Spyder intake, and something comparable to a b cam. Any help would be greatly appreciated on how you come to the decision of the correct size.
I don't think there is a specific formula...it kind of depends on each situation. I have a 65mm Accufab now and when I ordered my AFR 165's and cam from Ed Curtis, he said it wouldn't be enough and recommended at least a 70. We decided that a 75mm would be best...allows room for growth and really won't kill torque like some people say. I'd say with your stroker and heads you should be looking no smaller than 75.

Thanks for the help. 75 is what I was thinking with a 80 MAF with 42lb inj. Eventually I will be adding a Turbo and the AEM engine managment system but I need to buy what is going to work now. Does anybody else have suggestions?

You should be running at least a 75mm tb.

Also, PLEASE PLEASE don't put a pos b cam in that motor. You need a MUCH better and larger cam to go with those heads and intake. Call Ed Curtis and let him work up a cam for you.

Does Ed Curtis have a website that I can browse? I also said a comperable cam, I will do plenty more research before buying th cam shaft. But thanks for the input. I will call Ed and see what he has to say.