Throttle Body Leak?

Jasson

Feb 10, 2014
New the forum glad to be here!

Anyway I have white smoke billowing out my tail pipes.. Which I know is coolant..

I just changed my tbi Gasket.. I was a little confused about the way it went on..
I don't believe it's my head Gasket as I just changed them.

Can anyone give me some insight on this?

• Sponsors (?)

Yes, how ever there is a small notch at the top of plenum side. And it leaks vac through there. So it leads me to believe water is getting sucked into the Intake... Which is causing the smoke??

I had the same problem when I cleaned and replaced mine. If it didn't burn coolant before you did it then it has to be redone. Make sure you are tightening the bolts properly and allowing that rtv time to setup and cure.

Hmm I was going through my Rebuild pictures and I have one of the tb with the original Gasket.. Pretty sure I bought the wrong one yesterday! Doh! I'll keep you all posted!

Reactions: 1 user
Alright soo it was the tb as we all expected!
I just capped the coolant lines for the test and, after I put the correct Gasket on and smoking for 15min it stopped!! What a relief it wasn't the head Gasket... However I think I'm gonna pull the stocker and do a gt40!

Madison-20120805-00119.jpg
mine... gaskets are important i guess

I had a cheap polished Pro Flo Technologies throttle body and EGR spacer that leaked coolant, which I am pretty sure a bit of it was sucked into my intake. I replaced them with a different brand of throttle body and EGR spacer and my coolant leak was gone. Not to mention that junk throttle body whistled like a tea kettle @ idle.