Throttle Body&Upper Intake vaccum lines? which&where?

staticc

Founding Member
Sep 28, 2002
Jupiter, FL
i think i mixed up my vacuum lines when i replaced my fuel injectors. or maybe missed a wiring harness? because my car wouldnt start.

and my haynes manual doesnt seam to have any diagrams for vacuum lines, at least i cant find them.

anyways, can somebody post pictures of which lines go where? or post some diagrams? id really appreciate it. theres two coming in from the passenger side in a loom, and the two on the back of the intake. and anything else.

i need to learn to label everything and take my time when i work on my car :(

thanks,
derek

• Sponsors (?)

alright dude, i went out w/ a flash light and checked it out for you just to make sure. Alright... if the intake is installed, which I assume it is, if you're standing in front of the car (hypothetically...i realize you can't move them around from there) the left vac. line should go to your Fuel Pressure Regulator, the right vac. line should go to your vacuum tree (pass side of car) and there's a bigger hose that goes from the bigger fitting on the intake to the "S" distribution thing on the firewall. Hope this helps. I don't know if that would cause the car to not start, but probably not. Make sure you got the wiring harnesses connected...did you pull the plug wires? Battery is connected...does it crank at all? I know thsoe are dumb questions, but sometimes we over look small things. If you replaced the injectors, did you relieve the fuel system by using the inertia switch in the hatch? Be sure and turn that back on if so.

Your hvac controls, thermactor switches, egr valve switch, power brakes, pcv valve, fuel pressure regulator and charcoal cannister purge valve all take full manifold vacuum. The egr valve has a line that runs to it from the egr switch. As long as things are hooked up that way, and any unused vaccum ports on the intake are plugged, you should be fine.

TheUser said:
alright dude, i went out w/ a flash light and checked it out for you just to make sure. Alright... if the intake is installed, which I assume it is, if you're standing in front of the car (hypothetically...i realize you can't move them around from there) the left vac. line should go to your Fuel Pressure Regulator, the right vac. line should go to your vacuum tree (pass side of car) and there's a bigger hose that goes from the bigger fitting on the intake to the "S" distribution thing on the firewall. Hope this helps. I don't know if that would cause the car to not start, but probably not. Make sure you got the wiring harnesses connected...did you pull the plug wires? Battery is connected...does it crank at all? I know thsoe are dumb questions, but sometimes we over look small things. If you replaced the injectors, did you relieve the fuel system by using the inertia switch in the hatch? Be sure and turn that back on if so.

thank you i appreciate it. going out to look for me. i think i have the vacuum lines right from memory. i took the intake off again anyways :shrug: and im rewiring a bunch of stuff.
it wont crank at all. but hopefully. monday i can finish rewiring and put my intake on (again) and it will run :bang:

id like to finish it tomorrow, but im working from 9am-10pm :notnice: and wiring in the dark isnt fun

oh, ill take pictures of the MOUNTAIN of wires ive pulled out. all useless wire. even a 6 guage wire that ran all the way back to my trunk. to NOTHING. whoever owned this car was stupid, alot stupider than me

When you say "it will not crank at all", that wouldn't have anything to do with vacuume lines.
The good thing about the wiring harness and vacuume lines is that they typically will only reach to and or fit where they are ment to go.
You said that you eliminated a bunch of wires? That might not be good.
Give us more info on what it is NOT doing.

L8 MUSL said:
When you say "it will not crank at all", that wouldn't have anything to do with vacuume lines.
The good thing about the wiring harness and vacuume lines is that they typically will only reach to and or fit where they are ment to go.

that is unless he hooked a egr cooler line to main vac and hydrolocked the car

L8 MUSL said:

ive been very careful on the wiring.
whoever installed the alarm, did a messy damn job. so ive just been cleaning it up. and taking the alarm out.

my problem *could* be just ****ty battery connection. im hoping it was.
but theres 5 wires or so that come in a loom from the passenger side. and were hanging under my air filter. just. cut bare wire hanging there. for no reason. so im trying to trace those down and see if i can pull them out, what they USE to be. or what. cant be anything too important. the car WAS running with them like that.

im not sure what you are doing/have done/others have done to the car, so read theis and if it sounds like it applies to your problems, try it.
check the little wire that slides onto the stud on the solenoid. it should show 12 volts when the key is at crank. if so, jump the solenoid lugs. even if you ignition is off, the motor should turn over doing this.

if the little slide on wire does not get 12 volts in crank position, that suggests something upstream, including the clutch safety switch/neutral safety switch, the ignition switch, the wiring itself, etc.

good luck. im lost on your problem (i just woke up), so hopefully this is info that helps. if not.........