throwout bearing replacement

• Sponsors (?)

To be installed. Why would I need to install a new clutch? I know alot of engine stuff, but transmission is new to me.

How hard would it be to install myself? I may be able to get some help from my auto mechanics teacher. We have a nice shop.

bill302 said:
you install or garage. plus you need to replace pressure plate and clutch while trannys out.might want to replace rear seal if leaking.

Dude what are you talking about. You don't need to replace the clutch or pressure plate.

It will not be hard to do yourself if you have dropped a trans before (even if you have not, it is easy). The fact that the T5 has a separate bell housing is very nice and helps a lot.

You dont need a new clutch, but Bill was probably thinking that if the clutch has some miles on it, it might be money well spent to renew the clutch while in there.

Some people lose TOBs after several hundred miles so a new clutch is not necessary. It was worth mentioning though.

Good luck.

prices range from $150-300 around here for install call around and get estimates and also the cheapest price is not always the best. warranty is what you want.i would install a new clutch, pressureplate, and throw out bearings unless you have low mileage on existing unit.prices range on clutch units.click on link below this is the clutch i run. very good clutch.

Well, I don't think it slips, so I'm gonna leave it alone. I'm 17 and am very tight on money. Hard to get a decent job without quitting school at my age, and that's not an option.

If you're capable of tearing down a motor then you're MORE than capable of replacing a TOB.

Oh... and Two thousand, seven hundred-fifty-fourth post!:SNSign:

Why are we counting??? I forget. Or perhaps never knew.