Thumbs up to the HORSEPOWER RANCH

Went to the HP RANCH in Hobart today for a dyno tune.

I got dynoed with a modular depot "tune" on 92 octane and put down 265hp and 247 trq or something when alot of guys got baseline pulls for stangnnet or svtperformance or whatever. A few months ago....

Today I was running 87 octane like usual and the stock tune and put down 270hp and about the same trq.

After John messed with the tune some, and added some timing to the low end I put down 281hp/283 trq. With a 13.4 avg a/f ratio.

Not bad for an hours worth of dyno time. Plus he got my cars idle to drop faster.

Overall, money well spend. I highly recommend him for any dyno tuning or any car questions!

• Sponsors (?)

Pretty impressive numbers. The g/f has an 02 GT now with the borla catback and shift kit. I have been thinking of ways to get her more power, but I don't think we will go as far as tearing down the motor for cams and stuff.

But at that price, I just may be calling these guys to do my tune.

Ya this guy is definitely the one for the job when it comes to tuning. I talked to blood enterprises a while back about a dyno tune and they wanted like 400 bucks. Screw that! The price is definitely right.

You might notice a little increase with a plenum and throttle body. Or you could always put some gears in it. haha Thats always a good one.

On a side note, If anyone needs parts installed, send me a PM. I'm pretty slow at work right now and want to get some other projects going.

Andy

word life son. Got mine done last monday and I got what was it, like 293tq and shrug for horsepower, my gear is too tall to rev past 5k in 4th. The motor really goes now though, having a higher redline is also nice.

You had some nice pulls on Saturday, the car sounded awesome. John is a great guy and is really helpful, he knows what he's talking about. I wish I had my Bullitt there, but got some baselines in my Dakota RT.

Pretty impressive numbers. The g/f has an 02 GT now with the borla catback and shift kit. I have been thinking of ways to get her more power, but I don't think we will go as far as tearing down the motor for cams and stuff.

But at that price, I just may be calling these guys to do my tune.

Corey, get a hand held tuner a SCT or Predator along with a mid pipe. You should be able to get both for 500 or under and you'll see some noticeable gains. If not get a JLT intake, Plenum and intake spacer. I wouldn't really bother with having a shop tune the GT until she were to have more radical modifications. The hand held tuner is much more useful right now.

Corey, get a hand held tuner a SCT or Predator along with a mid pipe. You should be able to get both for 500 or under and you'll see some noticeable gains. If not get a JLT intake, Plenum and intake spacer. I wouldn't really bother with having a shop tune the GT until she were to have more radical modifications. The hand held tuner is much more useful right now.

The tune would be for me and my cobra.:D She doesn't have enough mods to warrant a tune as of yet. I have been shopping around for a CAI for her car, but we will see.

The tune would be for me and my cobra.:D She doesn't have enough mods to warrant a tune as of yet. I have been shopping around for a CAI for her car, but we will see.

Oh ok, well the hand held tuners are a really good mod for the car stock or modified they not only advance timing, firm up shifts (if auto) and give the car more of a "performance tune" but you can also change cooling temps, turn off trac control, scan for codes, change gear ratio and tire sizes to calibrate the speedo etc.

Oh ok, well the hand held tuners are a really good mod for the car stock or modified they not only advance timing, firm up shifts (if auto) and give the car more of a "performance tune" but you can also change cooling temps, turn off trac control, scan for codes, change gear ratio and tire sizes to calibrate the speedo etc.

All very good points. I don't feel comfortable tuning my car without a wideband. I have the xcal 2 and I love it.:nice:

Another thumbs up for the John at the Horsepower Ranch!!

Brought my car up there from Yakima on Saturday and spent two hours on the dyno.

John set me up with a custom tune Diablo flip chip - one "race tune" and one "street tune".

Before the tune, my car would surge, cold starts sucked, and sometimes it would even die at a stoplight if I wasn't paying attention to the idle.

Now its starts and idles great, driveability has improved 110%, and the power is smoooth. I couldn't be happier.

By the last pull, the Mustang was putting down 482 HP & 443 TQ. Not too shabby.