Thumper ported GT40 heads arrived (pics)

blksn955.o

Founding Member
Mar 15, 2002
st.louis mo 314
Well all I can say is wow. they look great :nice: . the exh. is realy nice and the work looks even (consistent from port to port) and well done. I cannot wait to get some dyno # and track time on these. I will post them as soon as I get them...

here are the pics.

642232_13_full.jpg

642232_14_full.jpg

642232_15_full.jpg

642232_16_full.jpg

642232_17_full.jpg

642232_18_full.jpg

642232_19_full.jpg

BIG THANKS to Thumper460 :nice: :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

I dont want to even get started on how much I have in them, I know the whole "you could have had TFS or AFR or EDLB. heads" but I realy just wanted to see what could be done with this casting. I had a pricy valve job and upgrade springs (comp cams behive .550 springs at about $200) put on along with a .035 mill done before thumper got them and that ran about $500. On the plus for anyone thinking about this is that all the work I had done thumper does with the cost in his work, so in hind sight I should have just waited and sent them to thumper first.

If you fig. in the going price of gt40 heads and the porting then it would come in at about 900$ range.

Thumper said over 230 on the intake side, So I would guess comparable to what other heads flow at that level on the exh. as there has been alot of good work there. But I realy have no idea what the exh. flows maybe thumper can jump in and say.

Anyway, I realy cant wait to see what this setup will get me N/A and with a 175 shot :D

I will be posting numbers.

Actually.. the heads cost him NOTHING but shipping... I think it as a few months ago I told Him I would do them for free....( see past posts...)there was a lot of circumstances in that decision, but another fast ported head 5.0 is soon to hit the streets!! Damn good pix!! but Ford Blue is a better color... LOL !! rock on!!
Just me........................

Thumper

glad to see something besides the norm man, i can't wait to see what those put out. I have a set of e7's with 1.94 and 1.60 fully ported bowl work etc. going on mine when i get my new valves. so i am rooting(sp?) for you man.

jason

Yes thank you thumper,

Sorry for not saying that upfront but I just didnt want to have thumper put into a situation were he was getting 129,291,987,978 pm's or emails wanting Free work. I could only imagine that headache.

But since the truth about the work is "out" I have $400 for purchase of heads, 5angle valve job/.035mill/comp springs/tank/checked/and a rethread in a exh. boss totaled around $550 so there was $950ish in the unported stock heads.

Thumper if you want to "use" any of the pics feel free they are your handy work.

I like the ford blue too, its just the whole car is black so I kinda want to keep with that theme, well ok the rims are kinda blingy.

There are two GOOD thing here... one is for the Novice looking for power thru heads, with an example of the cost of machine work on those "used GT40s", less... any port work at all !! The second is there is going to be another bad A$$ 5.0 on the streets in St Louis !! Thanks for sharing the cost on the 40s !! Have fun and keep use posted...cool??

Just me............................

Thumper

RIO5.0 said:
Hey those look familer... :D ....The intake are really oval on the GT40s...Looks nice...
I run Mikes E7s..with the spring upgrade...

forgive me but the e7s are stock gt heads right? so how much $ and what kinda gains did you get with 'mikes e7s' and the spring upgrade. (i'm assuming 'mikes' means somebody port work)

EDIT: Hmm, a little reading answered all my questions except how do these compare to the all mighty AFR 165s?

donjohn said:
forgive me but the e7s are stock gt heads right? so how much $ and what kinda gains did you get with 'mikes e7s' and the spring upgrade. (i'm assuming 'mikes' means somebody port work)

EDIT: Hmm, a little reading answered all my questions except how do these compare to the all mighty AFR 165s?

Mine dyno'd last Saturday at 260 RWHP...Lets be real...no way in hell can you compare 500.00 ported E7s to AFR165s...I have less than 1000.00 into H/C/I
I wanted a mid 13 sec car....and these got me that....Of course these are what I wanted and within my budget at the time....It always comes down to cash flow... :D

Im curious how Mikes GT40 pan out myself...

Im curious how Mikes GT40 pan out myself...[/QUOTE]

I will be posting dyno numbers, and track times as I get them in but first I have to get a tweecer and pass smog as my plates have expired. The local site gets together about 2 times a year for a group dyno day (like $45 for 3 pulls w/ wide band o2), and well I like going down the 1320. I will post times of N/A and bottle.

i have thumper ported e7 heads too and i am happy with them.. no dyno yet, because i still haven't installed the tweecer, but i'll get it installed before long, play with thte tune a little, and then get a dyno.