thundercat or Mach 1

97predator

Aug 18, 2003
va beach
I am faced with a dilemna here folks. I have a 97 cougar with the 4.6L. great car, nice ride, leather etc. i finally am starting to get some money together for my car. i want to get some power into it, but then again i am eyeing the 03-04 Mach 1. I know htis seems like a no brainer, but I was curious about getting into a Mach 1. i love the styling in and out. to get the power i want out of my car i was looking into a vortec 6-8 psi kit, frpp rear, new trans, headers, about 6K all in all.
i just got an internship with siemens vdo so i have a good paycheck finally comming in and i am getting my credit straight. would you recomend holding off on modding my car and trading it in on a 03 Mach 1 with a 5K down payment? or a GT? i have been thinking on this for some time and would appreciate your input. thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

97predator said:
I am faced with a dilemna here folks. I have a 97 cougar with the 4.6L. great car, nice ride, leather etc. i finally am starting to get some money together for my car. i want to get some power into it, but then again i am eyeing the 03-04 Mach 1. I know htis seems like a no brainer, but I was curious about getting into a Mach 1. i love the styling in and out. to get the power i want out of my car i was looking into a vortec 6-8 psi kit, frpp rear, new trans, headers, about 6K all in all.
i just got an internship with siemens vdo so i have a good paycheck finally comming in and i am getting my credit straight. would you recomend holding off on modding my car and trading it in on a 03 Mach 1 with a 5K down payment? or a GT? i have been thinking on this for some time and would appreciate your input. thanks.
save some money up.. go with the mach 1.. then take off the decal on the hood PLEASE.

Definately go with the Mach 1. Hell, I am only 16 and I can hardly ever drive my car, but it is still tons of fun...And the chicks love the hood stripe...Don't take it off...It would look like you just a Mach hood on a GT and forgot the stripe :notnice: It's also nice to have a Mustang that stands apart from the rest...

My 04 GT manual said that the Mach 1 must use premium fuel. Gas prices are going up. On the other hand a Mach 1 would kick a$$, so who cares about the gas. I like the Mach 1 a lot, but if I wanted to spend that kind of money I think I would just get a 350Z, HAHA sorry guys. I have the means, but decided that I didn't want a car that $$$ right now. Can't beat a brand new GT premium loaded for under 19K.

The Mach1 engine is a much better base to make sick power than the 2v engine. Blowers + 4valve engines = insane power. Remember though, the Mach1 engine is not forged (crank on the manuals excluded) so you won't be able to push much boost through it without breaking something. They're great cars, and if I could have talked myself into the extra $60 a month I'd have one right now :rolleyes:

For a minute there, 'til I read a little more I thought you were contemplating buying a P.O.S. Arctic Cat ThunderCat over a MACH1.

Get the MACH! :nice: I would have bought one, but the wife insisted that if we bought another 'Stang, it HAD to be a convertible. The only thing missing from the MACH's(besides a better rear end ratio) is rear window louvers like the old ones came with.

P.S. 350Z's are for F AG$!

GT JAY said:
P.S. 350Z's are for F AG$!

HAHA this is exactly the mentaltity I hate. I personally love sports cars of all kinds. So if you want to be a hater go ahead. The world is full of em. Me I like what I like and could care less what you think. Not to start a flame war or anything but I bet if you gave half the people on here a choice between a new stang and a new 350Z, they would pick the Z.

P.S. I love my stang!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

hexum311 said:
HAHA this is exactly the mentaltity I hate. I personally love sports cars of all kinds. So if you want to be a hater go ahead. The world is full of em. Me I like what I like and could care less what you think. Not to start a flame war or anything but I bet if you gave half the people on here a choice between a new stang and a new 350Z, they would pick the Z.

I chose the Mustang ;) I was contemplating a 350Z, Mustang GT, or a Toyota MR2. The MR2 was the most fun I've ever had in a car but it was too small. The 350Z I liked handling and performance wise but it didn't tickle my pickle for bang for the buck and I didn't like the sound of the V6. I guess I'm at the stage where I want something that will draw attention and duals on a V8 is perfect for that :D

hexum311 said:

I'm not trying to start a pissing contest either, that's just my opinion!
As for people choosing a 350Z over a Stang, I think you're on the WRONG web site! :rolleyes: I love driving in my 'Stang and having people give my the :nice: . I bet people drivng 350z's don't get as many :nice: from people compared to people in 'Stangs. Tuner Cars a for Wannabe's!

Better yet, ALL FOREIGN CARS ARE FOR WANNABE F AGS!