Ticking problem

fireman889

Apr 12, 2003
Tampa FL
I was just wondering if any one has taken there car in for the ticking problem warranty work. If you did will they say anything about mods done to the car.
I pres don't have my Nitrous kit in ,but every thing else is on. BBK LT,CATTED H-PIPE ,C&L MAF,Trueflow pipe,and BBK tb70mm

• Sponsors (?)

StangLou said:
Umm ticking problem :shrug: ?

TICKING? This wouldnt be a ticking noise when you start to accelerate would it?
Not like a valve ticking or anything just an annoying ticking. Not when you get on it just when you accelerate a lil bit?

Cuz i hear it and i thought it was just normal.
Just like the 1/2 gear klunk that the dealer said is normal that i now have to go talk to them about after reading about the problem in the thread.

1FAST46 said:
TICKING? This wouldnt be a ticking noise when you start to accelerate would it?
Not like a valve ticking or anything just an annoying ticking. Not when you get on it just when you accelerate a lil bit?

Cuz i hear it and i thought it was just normal.
Just like the 1/2 gear klunk that the dealer said is normal that i now have to go talk to them about after reading about the problem in the thread.
\

thats the ticking i have, when i accelerate at low rpms.. the car is going in next weekend.

Same problem with mine just the dealer mechanic "couldn't hear anything" so i figured it was normal....its running fine just seems a bit weak when it does tick...

Kyle-02GT said:
Same problem with mine just the dealer mechanic "couldn't hear anything" so i figured it was normal....its running fine just seems a bit weak when it does tick...

I think i am going to call and take mine in to get it checked out also. Is this also a common problem? Does anyone know what the ticking is?

1FAST46 said:
I think i am going to call and take mine in to get it checked out also. Is this also a common problem? Does anyone know what the ticking is?

I have a very subtle ticking that I have been told is normal injector noise. A friend with an '02 has the same thing. That said, there are some people who have a ticking that are being told that there is a defect in the heads and that Ford has issued a TSB on the problem.

I'm not sure what to believe at this point....

ShadowGT said:
I have a very subtle ticking that I have been told is normal injector noise. A friend with an '02 has the same thing. That said, there are some people who have a ticking that are being told that there is a defect in the heads and that Ford has issued a TSB on the problem.

I'm not sure what to believe at this point....

Keep us informed about this possibly being a head problem!
Anyone else heard anything like this being about the heads.