time for a sct?

tony laq

Apr 19, 2005
sorry ive been asking alot of questions lately and been all over the map- since my engine imploded ive got the mod bug again and im not really sure what the smartest thing to do is, except forget the shorties and maybe lower the car.

so- i was tossing the idea of getting a sct tuner, but just the handheld..most of my cash is going to the bottom end of my engine. mods are in the sig, i MAY try the car without cats just to see how it sounds, and i may order some steeda u/d's. i dont have a catback, just flow's welded in.

i DO want a bump in HP and TQ..im never gonna go with a supercharger and i dont have the cash for LT's and an install right now..

so, sct a good idea- id order from american muscle and go for a performance tune and an econ tune..

thanks for any input!

• Sponsors (?)

wellllll considering that you have mods made to your car already and you plan on modding still, to get the most out of it a tuner would be a very good decision. That was one of the frist things I bought before I started modding, just to make sure everything I put on the car was used to its full potential.

i was under the impression that a hand held wouldnt do much UNTIL you have already started the mods..

but like i said, i dont think im gonna be able to get a guy to tune it..would just a custom tune from where i buy the handheld be decent, all things considered?

i was under the impression that a hand held wouldnt do much UNTIL you have already started the mods..

but like i said, i dont think im gonna be able to get a guy to tune it..would just a custom tune from where i buy the handheld be decent, all things considered?

+1 i have full bolt ons and had a "custom" tune from american muscle come with my xcal3 but i really didnt notice any different gain, and i have the 93 tune also..i just had to to shut off my rear o2 sensors pretty much but if not get one with a real dyno tune to get actual gains, just my .02 of course some people might have gotten results from their's

damn, between this and the shorties im now NOT gonna get- any jump in HP looks to be small at best. with 82k on her, she needs, or could use, some cosmetic things..lights for sure. maybe ill just lower her with some springs, get some new smoked lights and a grill delete. coupled with the slp tips i just got and the ball shifter handle, she'll look pretty damn good.

You are right you are all over the map. Decide what you want to do with the car first. It takes alot of money to see big gains in HP, but then you have to make sure the rest of the car can handle increase. Or you could decide to go all cosmetics to begin with. Or go take out a loan and do both right now:nice:. Me, I don't care to much about the looks of my car as compared to the drivabililty. I just want to go fast, I really prefer the sleeper look.:) Whatever YOU decide have fun with it.