Time for new bushings?

OK, so I was driving on the freeway two weeks ago. There was a loud noise and I started hearing knocking from my left suspension. It only lasted 5 seconds and then it went away. My car was running a little rough on the suspension, but I drove until I could stop. Turns out that my tire shredded on the freeway. I put on my spare and from then on it started pulling to the right when I was driving and driving on the freeway was a whole lot of shaking. Last night I got on the freeway to go home and the suspension was shaving so hard and knocking that I had to drive on side streets to get home. If I go above 30, the shaking is intolerable and it still pulls to the right. I'm trying to figure out the cause of this. My first guess is that one of the bushings is shot and I should just replace them all.

A few notes before my final questions. For the last year, at random times, I will feel/hear a knocking that comes from under my left foot in the drivers seat and I was guessing front left suspension. IT only happens at high speeds and only lasts a few seconds, then goes away. Finances have prevented me from diagnosing it until now.

Second, I had an issue 7 years ago when there was a clunk and the car would only turn right. I took it to my mechanic and he said that a bushing was bad and replaced only that one since I still have rubber bushings. This time it's not as bad, but it feels like a 50% of what happened last time.

So my question is, from what I have said, does it sound like the bushings? I know that diagnosis is tough without seeing, but any help would be great since I am on a budget. The economy isn't back to normal for all of us just yet. Any help ASAP would be great as I need it to be derivable ASAP and as I understand it, new poly bushings are a 1 day project and $100.

• Sponsors (?)

i would jack the front off the ground place it on stands to be safe
inspect the front bushings shake the radiouse rod back and forth to see
if it rattles ,but it sounds like you may have a ball joint or tie rod going out
so grab the wheel front to back and shake it and watch the tie rods and see if they
move inside, also grab the tire from top to bottom and shake and watch the ball
joint to see if tit moves ,a ball joint or tie rod could explain your problems