NJ Pine Barrens
76 degrees
relative humidity was 49

.059 light
2.001 60'
9.13 1/8
79.10 mph
100.7 mph

i just feathered the clutch & hooked OK..when i tryed to launch harder it just spun. shifted around 5000-5500.
tranny grinds 2nd when i try to shift at higher rpms, so i shifted 1-2 at 5000(alittle easier to get in but still slows me down some.) the rest of the shifts were around 5300-5500.

mods are in sig. i was thinking 65mm TB next. I need alittle more mph. next time im taking the sway bar off, hopefully that will help with my launch!

what do you guys think... :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

Guess it kind of depends what you want. You can either get some stickier tires (drag radials/slicks) on a spare set of rims (each tenth of a second off your 60' is equal to .15 seconds on the big end approximately), or you can get some better heads. Either of these will put you in the mid 13 sec. range, while both should put you in/around the high 12's.

that might be part of the problem, im only doing a 1st gear burnout. i have bf goodrich dr's. they are still kinda new, iv been running them on the road to wear them down some. no plans for heads as of now, im thinking for suspension first, mph isnt to bad, but id like the get the et down some.

More power will just mean harder to drive and more traction issues. First, I would do something about the traction. BFG DR's and still running 2.0+ 60's, there is a problem.

A quick fix to help would be to disconnect a swaybar link at the track, this makes a big difference and only takes a minute or two to do, and if you don't like it, it is easlily reversed. How's the traction-lock working? Even if you see a slight bias between one side and another, that is a lot of traction loss. Rebuilding is cheap and easy, and there is plenty of treads on this. Do a search. I really don't know what to tell you because I can't see the car in person but I would say traction is the major issue.

No traction

Just my .02 however it seems like youve forgotten traction, first nice and cheap move the battery to the trunk, thats almost 80 lbs of weight transfer, if your looking to only spend a few bucks my suggestion would be a set of SSM Lift Bars, Lakewood 50/50 shocks, new springs. Than for your front suspension get an entire setup for a 4banger mustang, All told your looking at about 300 bucks and I guarntee your 60's will drop considerably.

Also, are you bogging, or spinning when you launch? Not to be a dick, but I'd disregard any reccommendation of SSM lift bars. They are hell on torque boxes, and really not good on the street. Speaking of torque boxes, I'd also look into a reinforcement kit; drag radials/slicks will start cracking/ripping your boxes at some point. Don't ask me how I know. The kits are right around $100 and will save you a lot of money in chassis fabrication work down the road. Guy on here named 'Rick 91GT' or something to that effect sells them. Really nice stainless pieces that can be bolted in; gave me a lot of peace of mine after having to weld my boxes back up once already.

Sorry dont mean to hijack this thread but I'm haven the same problem with traction. Stock differential was rebuilt with new clutches ect. I do 1st gear burnouts too, launching @ 2000 rpm and have absolutely no traction haha. I have the same tires with 11lbs of air. I either bog it or loose traction :(. I have 90/10s up front w/no sway bar, 50/50 out back wit the eibach drag launch spring kit and MM LCA. Ive only ran it 5 times down the track, I guess practice is the key. My RT wasnt very good either .642 hehe

slowhatch82 said:
76 degrees
relative humidity was 49

.059 light
2.001 60'
9.13 1/8
79.10 mph
100.7 mph

i just feathered the clutch & hooked OK..when i tryed to launch harder it just spun. shifted around 5000-5500.
tranny grinds 2nd when i try to shift at higher rpms, so i shifted 1-2 at 5000(alittle easier to get in but still slows me down some.) the rest of the shifts were around 5300-5500.

mods are in sig. i was thinking 65mm TB next. I need alittle more mph. next time im taking the sway bar off, hopefully that will help with my launch!

what do you guys think... :shrug:

A TB/EGR won't really help unless the intake is opened up to the size of the TB/EGR but if you do I would be done and just get a 70mm. Also cheap bang for buck mod would be underdrive pullies on the crank and water pump. You can do the alternator but most have some charing issues with doing so. I would expect about .2 drop with pullies.

NK said he doesnt recommend the SSM Lift bars, however on all 4 of my mustangs that is the exact suspension setup I used, 3 of them ran deep in the 12's and my fastest was my 83 and with the same setup I ran a 10.06, all my 12 sec stangs I used that setup along with McCreary Road Stars and of course the 10er was on MT slicks, all ran full season's at Coastal Plains dragway in NC and never shredded a box, again just my .02

terrynjulia03 said:
Just my .02 however it seems like youve forgotten traction, first nice and cheap move the battery to the trunk, thats almost 80 lbs of weight transfer, if your looking to only spend a few bucks my suggestion would be a set of SSM Lift Bars, Lakewood 50/50 shocks, new springs. Than for your front suspension get an entire setup for a 4banger mustang, All told your looking at about 300 bucks and I guarntee your 60's will drop considerably.
80lbs battery! Man you have one heavy a$$ battery. Mines an old die hard and it weighs in at 43lbs.

Suspension is where it's at. You didn't say what size tire you're running. But the mph is there.
A good set of adjustable uppers and maybe some mega bite lowers. Get the pinion angle where you want it. (You'll get lots of advice where) Move some weight around or reduce it. I have around 75lbs in my bumper and the battery in the trunk. (For the BFG's) Then it's a second gear burnout and try different launch rpm's. I've tried 3400-3800 with my old E7 headed combo/5speed to GT40's now and an AOD with transbrake launching at 5100.
As soon as you get the suspension dialed in, you'll be running low 13's or better.