time to let the notch go

rock4451

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Nov 30, 2004
New Baden, IL
this is a very hard decision, but after weeks of beating my head off of a wall trying to decide, i want a 96-98 cobra. no doubt i'll be back into the fox world, and until then i will undoubtedly live my fox dreams vicariously through all of you. thanks for all ur input, made workin on the notch a lot easier.

• Sponsors (?)

Why 96-98?

because i want a 4v but don't want to have to pay an arm and 2 legs for it. for everybody who put a :(, i will get my asking value for it. i realize notches are not seen every day and i will be damned if i'm gonna let some jackoff try to talk me down. this decision took some loooooong and hard thinking on my behalf...but i think i'm ready to do it...but if too many people try to give me lowball offers then it will not be for sale anymore and i will take it as a sign :)

okay so let's just say i'm not adventurous enough to buy a car with an engine i basically have zero knowledge about. it's lookin like (i'm going with) a 95 cobra w/ afr 165s/x303 cam/ cobra intake. the 4 valves just intimidated me from the aspect of repairs on those blocks are ex pen sive, and right now financially (with the help of murphy's law) a big stick in my wallet would not be what i need. i will own a 4v someday, but for now i'll be content with a 5.0 motor that i'm really familiar with. so atleast i'll still be able to post here instead of in the stuck up 4.6 forums :lol: i'm obviously kidding :D (dont strike me)

Not the decision I would have made...the 4v motors are pretty bulletproof, even if it is more expensive to mod them there is pretty much nothing else you have to do besides maintain them. 7000rpm screamers...it gets addicting. The 95 will be cool because it will sound/run like a fox but be alot more comfortable and have (marginally) better handling.

well, i hear they're bulletproof but i always think what if...i know it's unheard of for something in those blocks to go haywire if they're maintained, but there's always an exception. i feel good about my choice, and something about driving a 5.0 makes me happy. i was contemplating tearing the snakes on either side of my car off and replacing them with a shiny 5.0 badge :D
probably won't but just a thought. i dont see too many 5.0 cobras around anymore...

well, i hear they're bulletproof but i always think what if...i know it's unheard of for something in those blocks to go haywire if they're maintained, but there's always an exception. i feel good about my choice, and something about driving a 5.0 makes me happy. i was contemplating tearing the snakes on either side of my car off and replacing them with a shiny 5.0 badge :D
probably won't but just a thought. i dont see too many 5.0 cobras around anymore...

5.0 badges on an SN95 = :puke:

Why in the world would you get rid of a notch for a heavier car with basically the same engine?
Secondly, if you are going to "tear the snakes off the side and replace them with 5.0 badges," please refrain from ever driving a Cobra.

Why in the world would you get rid of a notch for a heavier car with basically the same engine?
Secondly, if you are going to "tear the snakes off the side and replace them with 5.0 badges," please refrain from ever driving a Cobra.

Okay, well for one I've driven an SN with the motor in the cobra i am getting, and yes, it kicks the ass of my notch. secondly the comment about putting the badges on a cobra were meant to be sarcastic, of course they would look out of place, and of course i would like everybody to know it is a cobra so i would keep the cobra badges. so please refrain from assuming you know it all :nice: