Time to say good bye..

Well guys i was going to make my car a strip/weekend driver car, got to stripping the car, and got under it to take a closer look at the floor/frame etc, had the chipping hammer and ended up putting that threw the floor in a couple spots, and found QUITE the hold in my frame, probly 6" long thats after there was another patch about 4" beside it, took ground effects off and found the whole passangger side rockerpanel in rotten, etc etc....soo im stripping everything i want to keep off the car and towing it to the dump.

Its kind of ****ty for me because it was my first car/ fox body and a fox has been my dream car ever sence i was like 10 years old and my uncle took me in his 88 LX, but im going to build up the 351 into a 408 with juice and find a new and better body for it!

sorry for no good puncuation i never really was a school type of kid, and i am a welder but that is way to much work to go through after already patching holes in the frame/floor before.

• Sponsors (?)

Strip the car down as far as you are mechanically able, and have a body/structure man patch what needs to be patched.

Probably cheaper than buying another roller.

Recoat everything with POR-15 and put it back together.

IMO the chasis is the most important thing on a Fox. Everything on the car is cheep and readily avaliable to fix or replace but if the chasis is shot they are not collectable enough yet to patch it all up. I always see real nice rollers for 1000-3000 bucks. Good luck with the build and I hope you find a good roller you like.

the car i hace now has been my dream car since i was 10 to....thats why i jumped on the chance to buy a 88 lx 5.0 that was in need of resortation.i always wanted a 87+ lx vert....really wanted a 5 speed though...but ill take care of that later on.

you should have seen my car before i had patches put on. hole in the floor the size of my arm, both rockers rotted... both rear 1/4s replaced.

a few little holes like you described would definatley not stop me. im suprised youre from nova scotia and havent had rust like this repaired or seen it repaired on a vehicle before.. hell you could go to a wrecker and cut off the parts that you need from a car there. or buy replacements, or make your own. getting a welder and some sheet metal would be cheaper and less work. just cut and weld small peices together to make the bends