Time to show off my new "Mistress".

Chythar

Recently finished repairing my rear
Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Aug 26, 2004
Foothill Ranch, CA
Most of you have seen my threads about my two Mustangs: my 1994 Black Cobra clone and my 1995 Forest Green GT. I've had the feeling it was time to let the GT go off to a new master and pick up a new project. Without any more fanfare, here are photos of the old and new:

new_n_old_stangs_1.jpg

new_n_old_stangs_2.jpg

The new pony is also a 1995 Mustang GT, it has the side skirt flares behind the front wheels. I don't know what color red it is, it's been repainted and the bonehead painter painted over the door jamb sticker. :mad: It has everything I was looking for in a 94-95: red exterior, black interior, fabric seats, Mach 460, and the best part: it's a manual. :D

I never thought I could drive a stick shift - my left knee couldn't handle the clutch. I've had several injuries to both knees - not enough to cause me problems walking but they can't handle a lot of stress. I learned to drive stick shift on an old 80's Toyota econobox - after every drive, my knee was killing me and I was limping a LOT. If an econobox had such a stiff clutch, what would a performance car have? I eventually gave up and resigned myself to driving automatic cars.

Fast forward a while to my Cobra clone. The Cobra only came with a T5, so I was going to have to put up with the clutch somehow. Lo and behold, once the Cobra was drivable I found out the clutch was really light compared to that econobox! So why am I driving a Mustang with a slushbox auto? I also kinda want to start mods over again, so I started looking for another Mustang.

I picked the new GT up last Saturday, and I've been busy with maintenance and a few upgrades. It now has the Bassani X-pipe that was on the Green GT, and it already had some loud Flowmaster mufflers with turndowns. It had these obnoxious Diablo 20" rims - with the stock mushy suspension the ride was awful. So on went my 17" Cobra rims from the Green GT and I picked up some Bullitt rims for the Green GT. The red GT is otherwise 100% stock. It still has the rubber piece on the airbox still. :rolleyes:

I have a new hood on the way for the Green GT, then it will be for sale locally.

The red GT has been very well mannered. It was a weekend cruiser for the former owner, and garaged for the past three years; he only put on 5,000 miles in the past several years. It has 92,700 miles on the clock and after a bit of maintenance it purrs really well.

This new red GT has eaten up all of my time over the past week, kinda like a new mistress of sorts. So, I've nicknamed her my Red-Headed Mistress. :D

• Sponsors (?)