Timing adjuster

• Sponsors (?)

loosescrew79 said:
I'm going to buy some steeda pulleys and was wondering if it is worth it to buy the timing adjuster.

Does the adjuster work and how do you adjust it maximun gain?

I installed the Steeda pullies and TA and as a combination they work extremely well. With 14 degrees of timing, the car has alot more low end pull. If I could take a guess, I'd say a easy 10rwhp and 15rwtq. As a side note: A pwr programmer only allows 2 degrees of advance. With the Steeda TA, u can do whatever you want with it. Also, here in Canada I don't know if we have better gas or maybe the weatehr hasn't got hot enough but I run 13 degrees of timing on 87 octane with no pinging. Makes me wonder if 10 degrees from the factory is accurate. I now get better milage too. Go figure.

A while back i want to have my car dyno. I forgot the T/A was set at 10 for nitrous and made 243 rwhp. I then bumped it to about 16 and made 254 rwhp. Both runs made within 15 minutes of eachother. I can remember what the tq. was but i do know it was over 10.

You feel it most on the bottom end. Much more tq. down low. I cant feel any difference at WOT above 4000 between 10 and 16.