Timing cover / Water pump question ??

damannhw

Aug 14, 2003
Upstate SC
*Actually a radiator question !*
I bought a 68-73 style timing cover (p/n TCC6) from CJ Pony with bolt on timing pointer to use on the '99 5.0 I'm installing in my '65. I have a Ford Racing standard rotation water pump, but the outlet is on the wrong side for '65 !
--Can anyone suggest which p/n Summit radiator they are using ? Looking at this one :
http://store.summitracing.com/default.asp?target=/egnsearch.asp&N=400304

Trying to pick a radiator to match. Has anyone used a standard 68-69 3 row and had the outlet relocated ? Thanks !

• Sponsors (?)

Take care. I tried that, but my accessories brackets (March) would no longer work with tha late water pump. When all was said and done, I switched water pumps to passenger side outlet, upgraded radiator (but kept pass. side outlet) and used the March pulley/brackets I had. If you order up the right bracket/pulley configuration, you'll be okay.

chepsk8 said:
Why not get the correct regular waterpump for that year? It should be a bolt-on, and will hide your 5.0 even further.

I already have the new Ford Racing pump, and need to upgrade the radiator anyway. I alos don't want to use a cast iron pump. It should work fine, just gotta find the correct radiator. I've read where some of you guys bought the universal rads for less than $200. I don't mind a little fab work !