tint suggestions

I am supposed to drop off my car tonight to be tinted Monday. When I talked to the guy on Thursday, he insisted I go with 20% on the back and 30% on the doors. I forget what I had on my old 04. I know it was darker than that. I thought it was 15 and 20. As bad as I want it done, I may have to cancel.

• Sponsors (?)

Here 35% is max legal tint, and I dont like to give cops excuses to pull me over. I actually have 35% sides and 20% (not legal) on the tiny convertible rear window. It looks good, and has never got me pulled over (in 9 years).

Limo tint makes cars look ghetto anyway.

20% on the rear and sides, and 50% on the windshield:

img3687u.jpg

1022812.jpg

And so you know, if you put 20% on the sides, it will read 15% because of the factory solar tint. IMHO, 20% is the absolute darkest that anyone should go. I think anything darker looks dumb, and is honestly quite pointless.

Reactions: 1 user
IMG_1129 (Large).JPG
Stang with Benz (Medium).jpg
View attachment 70719 View attachment 70718 View attachment 70719

I am just ghetto and love dark ass windows. I don't drive my car much at all. so I guess it doesn't bother me. I want to do the 50% on the windshield like sneaky has.

I have 5% on my Ranger and I love it, except at night. I'd say do 20% on all of them(except windshield of course). 20% is dark enough to serve a purpose, but light enough to not get you in trouble. 30-35% is pointless IMO.

Just remember that a lighter color interior will make the tint look lighter. A dark will make it darker. The 5% on my mustang has been metered at 2%. Really if it is a daily I would keep it legal. Cops love that stuff. Easy money for the county/state.

I always wanted to tint a windshield. I have seen a couple local cars done and it looks bad ass. I believe the one belongs to the guy who tints at the shop. No the car is not a daily driver. And knock on wood the locals are decent with tint around here. Hell all the unmarked cars are tinted, plus their personal cars.