"tinting" spray

I remember seeing something on here about a "tinting spray" that someone used to tint their taillights, me and my friend were talking about it today and he wants some for his VW, could i get more info or possibly a website to purchase it. Thanks in advance.

B

• Sponsors (?)

Hey you can get it off summitracing.com Night Shades Product# VHT-SP999 It says its $12 but with shipping it ended up being about 20... I couldn't find it at any local stores so I had to buy it on the internet. I used it on my taillights and it looks real good, no flaking or anything after 4 months now. - Mark

Has anyone used this stuff on their third brake light. Mine on my 99 is scratched up pretty bad and rather than spend 75 bucks to replace it I was thinking about just spraying it with the spray on tint. Also what auto parts store carries it.

GoBabyVroommm said:
Pics guys????
i have some on my cardomian site iill see if i can post them here i suck at the interanet
524556_6_full.jpg

524556_5_full.jpg

i had better pics but i took them off the site--these are pretty crappy but show you how dark you can make your lights but the light still comes through visibly

I wouldn't recommend it on the dot matrix thing on the rear window. Goto the store and get yourself a can of Krylon semi flat black paint. Get some newspaper and some masking tape. Mask off where you window tint is and your trim pieces and clean the dots with some kind of cleaner and spray that on there. 3-4 coats and you wont even know you had dots there. My friend that tinted my windows did that, looks awesome. Only one I've seen with that done. I had a ford probe before and did the nightshades on the 3rd brakelight. I wouldn't recommend it. The kind of plastic used on the third brakelight on the probe had a reaction no matter how well i sanded it and prepped it, it would always crack the paint. Even tried just primer to see if cracked that off and it did. Goto the junkyard and bring a can of paint, and spray one of their 3rd brakelights. If it cracks, you know not to do yours :)

:nice:

Anyone spray their headlights with this stuff for like a nice smoked color like the 01+ GTs or a little darker? Or is it too dark for this type of thing? I really like the lightly smoked headlights but don't want to spend the money for new ones and don't like the headlight covers cause they are too dark and ugly.....

Turbo92PGT said:
I wouldn't recommend it on the dot matrix thing on the rear window. Goto the store and get yourself a can of Krylon semi flat black paint. Get some newspaper and some masking tape. Mask off where you window tint is and your trim pieces and clean the dots with some kind of cleaner and spray that on there. 3-4 coats and you wont even know you had dots there. My friend that tinted my windows did that, looks awesome. Only one I've seen with that done. I had a ford probe before and did the nightshades on the 3rd brakelight. I wouldn't recommend it. The kind of plastic used on the third brakelight on the probe had a reaction no matter how well i sanded it and prepped it, it would always crack the paint. Even tried just primer to see if cracked that off and it did. Goto the junkyard and bring a can of paint, and spray one of their 3rd brakelights. If it cracks, you know not to do yours :)

:nice:
A qualified tint installer can tint over the dot matrix. My wife's 01 GT had that freakin black paint on her back window - 'what a mess' the new tint installer said. They spent hours cleaning it all off, then put a beautiful 1 piece layer of tint over the entire back window and worked it until it was perfectly smooth. This guy told us he has been tinting for 30 years (jeez, I didn't even know tinting was a big thing back in the mid 70's, but, then again, I wasn't even driving then!) He has done this for other Mustangs and he has had no complaints and no returns. We slipped him a few extra bucks for he relentless pursuit of perfection. And down here in FLA, the tint takes a beating. I've heard of others putting a piece of vinyl over the dot matrix, and that's cool, but painting it ranks right up there with, well, just about any other thing you can do with a can of spray paint (my humble apologies to those who have done fabulous work on their Stangs, especially the ones I've seen lately who've been doing their cam/valve covers; there is some awesome stuff being done out there. :nice: )