Tips on writing a review.

The Green GT

No 13 year olds are safe around me.
10 Year Member
Jan 8, 2006
Louisiana
I have to write a review on "Fight Club" Ive written it twice and so far it has come out as a plot summary both times. I just cant see talking about the acting, music, and cinematography for 4 pages being a good paper and not repeating over and over. All the reviews Ive read online arent even one page long.

• Sponsors (?)

Try talking about what the movie is trying to do, and then analyze how well it did it. Talk about the style of the movie, and how it goes about trying to convey certain emotions or ideas.

Talk about themes. I've only seen fight club once, and it was a while ago, but I recollect themes regarding anarchy. In the context of the movie, discuss the positives of anarchy as well as what harm it did.

Mention what you thought about the different characters. surely you had different feelings towards different characters, so discuss how the movie worked to develop those people.

Also, don't be afraid to throw in your opinion whenever you can. this is a review, not a factual piece of writing. As long as you don't contradict yourself, you can't be wrong.

Good luck.

do NOT summarize the movie.

what are the requirements for the review? specifically what do they ask you to write about it?

is it supposed to be analytical? if so, I could write a 10 page paper on the messages behind fightclub. corporatism, consumerism, how we view ourselves...and more importantly how we want others to view us...put that all together with the ****storm of social norms, etiquette and ethics and you have one hell of a paper...

do you understand the metaphor behind the buildings falling at the end? and the song that is playing?

it's a brilliant movie

Therian said:
do NOT summarize the movie.

what are the requirements for the review? specifically what do they ask you to write about it?

is it supposed to be analytical? if so, I could write a 10 page paper on the messages behind fightclub. corporatism, consumerism, how we view ourselves...and more importantly how we want others to view us...put that all together with the ****storm of social norms, etiquette and ethics and you have one hell of a paper...

do you understand the metaphor behind the buildings falling at the end? and the song that is playing?

it's a brilliant movie
Im pretty sure I get the buildings falling, but I never really listened to the song. Ill watch it right quick.