tips + tricks for installing carpet.

I am installing new carpet in my 89 lx convertible. I am looking for tip from people who have done this. i think the carpet does not have holes cut in it. So looking for a good starting point. Thanks in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

I took out front and back seats , and the center console. I sat the carpet down and cut little X's to pull things through like the some wiring and to make room for the seatbelt hardware . It's not bad at all and the new carpet made my car look much better.

Reactions: 1 user
lay the carpet out in a nice warm area and let it sit for a few days if you can....steam will help pull out the wrinkles if needed. Just cut small and measure twice.

I just got my carpet in the mail from LRS and I checked over it and did not find any marks for where the holes should be. What would be the suggestion for the first hole to start with when getting ready to put the carpet in?

The best way to cut the holes in our carpet is what was mentioned above. Lay the old carpet over top of the new and mark the holes. Be sure to cut small and make your adjustments as needed. We also do recommend leaving the carpet out in the sun for a while to make it easier to work with.

Well finished with the carpet install. Scarlet Red interor with black carpet is awesome. Thanks guys.

Attachments

• done.jpg
    done.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 121