Tire and Rim + Rear Differential Question.......

ameration

Founding Member
Apr 8, 2002
Ohio
Just curious what the stock tire and rim size is on the new Mustangs and if they have the same bolt pattern and off-set that the 99-04's had? I am really considering keeping my 99-04 18" x 9" Saleen wheels when I sell the car as I would be buying a new one (2005+) down the line and wanted to put them on the new one.

Any thoughts on how that would look or any photochoppers think that they could pull that off?

Also, do they still have the 8.8 Ford rear-end or did they have to change that too? Just asking as I may consider pulling the 4.10's, alum. rear girdle, and chip out and putting the stock back on before selling so that I can add the gears and girdle cover to the new one.

Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

the tires will stick out a bit. they changed the offset on the new stangs from 24mm to 45mm. they are the same bolt pattern. the stockers are 17x8 with 45mm offset. the girdle wont fit, they changes the rear suspension. the panhard bar is the main reason it wont fit. you have to buy specific girdle and panhard relocation brackets for this. the 4.10s will work, but for all the work to remove and install them in the new car, it would be more cost effective to just buy new gears.