Tire Brand & Size?

Well my tires are starting to look like they will be needing replacing soon. Right now I have Toyo proxes 245/45/17 and like them alot. I got them when I had about 15,000 miles on the car (car now has close to 50,000) due to the fact the stock goodyears were defective. I have 2 questions, I heard the biggest I coud go was a 255 tire on the stock rim. If thats true should I go with a 45 or 40 sidewall. Or should I keep the stock 245/45/17 size tire. And lastly what are some good tires that are price comparable to the stock goodyears and the toyo's I currently have.

• Sponsors (?)

I am interested it getting 255 for the rear and 245's for the front on a stock 17x8 rim. Do you need to have 40's on the back and 45's on the front? or can you have them the same size? I have heard that they need to be different?

SpringGT- I am thinking of getting the BFG g-force KDW... heard that those were really good. A little more pricy though than nitto kumo or toyo.

Thanks,

We have 255/40/17 yokohama avs es 100's all the way around and love them. Get them at tire rack for $116 a piece. They last much longer than previous khumos I have owned and are better in the corner and wet. Khumos had better dry traction. I would go with the 40 sidewall on a 255 tire. The 40 is a ration of 40% of the width, it actually within .6 inches in height to the factory goodyears. 25.7 inch diameter for 245/45 goodyears and 25.1 inch diameter for the 255/40 yokohamas. A 255/45 is around 26 inches tall. Having a bit shorter sidewall is better than a bit too big in my opinion. Less sidewall means better handling and its close enough (.6 inch) to not make your wheel wells look too big.

yo_avs_es_100_ci2_l.jpg

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...rch=false&partnum=54WR7ES100&fromCompare1=yes

Attachments

• yo_avs_es_100_ci2_l.jpg
    yo_avs_es_100_ci2_l.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 44
01LaserRedCobra said:
I am interested it getting 255 for the rear and 245's for the front on a stock 17x8 rim. Do you need to have 40's on the back and 45's on the front? or can you have them the same size? I have heard that they need to be different?

SpringGT- I am thinking of getting the BFG g-force KDW... heard that those were really good. A little more pricy though than nitto kumo or toyo.

Thanks,

Back and front diameter/sizes dont matter on a mustang. Means you cant rotate is all. The real problem with different sizes comes in side to side or on a 4 wheel drive. Read the post above to explain the closeness of tire sizes so they dont look out of proportion.