Tire Pressure Monitor fault

• Sponsors (?)

I had my 07 GT stock wheels swapped out for 20" CS66's before delivery. The tire shop that the dealer used mounted the sensors with crap aftermarket bands - two of which broke while driving trashing the sensors. I had to replace all four bands and the two trashed sensors - we used Ford 20" bands for the redo (at a different shop). Everything works fine now - still fighting with the dealer over the costs etc. Following the repair I swapped the rims and skins for 18's with winter tires. I didn't bother buying bands and sensors for the winter setup and just put up with the occasional TPMS warning message. The message usually comes on at startup but not always and occasionally comes on during driving but infrequently. It can be instantly cleared with the reset so no big deal.

my 07 did that when i swapped my wheels out for set that was off an 06.... my dealer fixed it for me for free

are the fanblades the polished or the painted? I am looking at getting some polisher ones for my 07, if you are interested in selling them let me know.

My wife's just came on in her Mariner while she was out of town. She noticed the warning light, searched for the nearest dealer and discovered there was a screw in a tire. Possibily saved her from a great misfortune.
I think the sensors are worth what trouble they may be.
Keep the stock wheels and you won't have a problem.

my 07 did that when i swapped my wheels out for set that was off an 06.... my dealer fixed it for me for free

are the fanblades the polished or the painted? I am looking at getting some polisher ones for my 07, if you are interested in selling them let me know.

You must have gotten the wheels from the dealership right? or did they just go ahead and gave you free TPMSs?

If that's the case you got winner right there as far as dealerships go!

You must have gotten the wheels from the dealership right? or did they just go ahead and gave you free TPMSs?

If that's the case you got winner right there as far as dealerships go!

Well the wheels did come from the dealership and when i called them to ask what was going on they had me come back in and they broke all the tires down (the ones that came on the car and the new ones i had them put on), unfortunately they had the wrong bands in stock so they kept my car overnight gave me a free loaner and overnighted the correct bands, all of this and didnt charge me a dime (oh yeah i live 45 minutes from the dealer) It case anybody is interested in what dealer in todays culture would do that, Why it is a board sponsor Anderson Ford in Clinton Illinois :nice: . hands down the best experience i have EVER had at a dealer. the general manager still knows my name when i walk in. Every time i have had the car in for warranty work or service they have always treated me like family.

Oh yeah they didnt charge me for the upgrade to begin with!!!!

I believe that tpms is now a federal mandate. Probably due to the number of accidents caused every year due to under inflated tires. Also, under inflated tires cause lower mpg and increase tire wear.

I get a tpms warning when at the track with 2 wheels with no sensors on the back. I also use 4 dedicated winter wheels and tires w/o sensors.

The best way I found to deal with this is to remove the passenger seat.
I find the SRS warning light far more disturbing and i forget about the TPMS. :D

If the TPMS really bothers you, then you can use a trick that offroaders use. Typically for offroading I'll deflate my tires down to 10-12Lbs for better traction. Of course, this causes the TPMS light to come on on newer vehicles equipped with TPMS. You can pretty much permanently disable the TPMS by removing all of the sensors from the wheels and installing them all in the spare tire. Make sure the spare is fully inflated, and no more TPMS light. :D