Tire question

jfran430

Jan 8, 2007
Connecticut
Alright guys, I have heard time and time again that a 275/40/17 WILL fit on a 1990. I am getting ready to go to the tire shop and have them put on BUT, i had my car on the lift today and i was looking, and i dont have much clearance because of the quad shocks (im pretty sure thats what they are) ... soo my question is, will they fit ? My cousin seems to think im going to have alot of wheel hop and clearence problems. Is there anything i can do about quad shocks.

• Sponsors (?)

Alright thats anoterh trick i heard of and i mentioned to my cousin but he had never heard of flipping them. I only have a 9 inch rim by the way. When i flip them do i literaly just take them out and rotate them and put them back in, thats it?

But what can anyone tell me about the quads? ... I think they are going to be an issue ..

simple to flip. just take them off, spin them 180* and slap'em back on! just a tip - the nut on them closest to the axle is stationary. the bolt must be removed from the backside. mine were dirty and rusty and it took me a while to figure out what was wrong.

edit - why do you think quads are an issue??? everyone is telling u it's not. me included. flip them to run 275s.

Ok thnks guys .. no its not that i thought they were an issue i believe everyone, but when i mentioned flipping them to my cousin, he just kind of looked at me because he had never heard of doing that. But thanks again everyone i just wanted to clearify everything before i finally make the purchase!