Tire Sizes On A 98 GT (URGENT!!!)

dub_c39

Mar 4, 2003
Ohio
Hi guys, I just picked up two 17x9 and two 17x10.5 Deep Dish Bullet wheels for my 98 GT. My question is, will BfGoodrich g-force KDW 255/40r/17's for the front and g-force drag radial 315/35/17's for the back fit without problems? If there are any 98's with the 315 drag radials on them please let me know. It's urgent because I need to know by tomorrow morning at 10:00am
Thanks in Advance

• Sponsors (?)

I have 17x9's with 255/40/17's on each corner on my '98. I can see evidence of a rub on my left side rear on the exhaust pipe. Mind you, I have Bassani's and they stick out a bit and are a bigger diameter than your catback. A 10.5" wheel on the back (which i would love to do) would be rub central with the exhaust pipe and possibly the quad shock.

So in short, I believe you will have rubbing issues but some guys with '96-'98s may have found a way around it. The 99+ cars generally don't have rubbing issues with 315's on the back.

cronin49 said:
I don't know why people go for giant tires, it only slows you down, especially on a underpowered '98.
Do you drive a Honda? :Teh-Win: I dont know about your Mustang but mine actually CAN spin it's tires. Don't post unless you have something worthwhile or helpful to say. :notnice:

dub_c39 said:
Do you drive a Honda? :Teh-Win: I dont know about your Mustang but mine actually CAN spin it's tires. Don't post unless you have something worthwhile or helpful to say. :notnice:
Yeah I have Honda, read my Sig. What I said was worthwhile, if you knew anything about rotational mass and unsprung weight you'd know what I was talking about. I was just giving you a fact, go ahead and find out the hard way.

cronin49 said:
Yeah I have Honda, read my Sig. What I said was worthwhile, if you knew anything about rotational mass and unsprung weight you'd know what I was talking about. I was just giving you a fact, go ahead and find out the hard way.

The extra traction at the beginning of a race more than makes up for the loss in e.t from the added rotational mass. You know what they say: "The race is (usually) won in the first 60ft."

I apologise for snapping at you man, but it sounded like you were ripping on my car because it's a '98. :cheers: