Tire Width Question

Soon2beBlown

Nov 15, 2003
Well I'm just about done installing my 9lb powerdyne supercharger kit(just need to mount new MAF) and I'm looking into some wider rims and tires. Despite everyone having cobra rims, I'm going to get a pair myself...17X8 Fronts and 17X9 Rears. How wide of a tire will I need to get some decent traction at the track? I'm thinking 275's will do the job or is that a little overkill? Maybe 255's? Am I better off just getting 255's for everyday driving and some slicks for at the track? Also, can someone recommend me some tires that will be sticky at the track yet good for a daily driver?

• Sponsors (?)

Soon2beBlown said:
Well I'm just about done installing my 9lb powerdyne supercharger kit(just need to mount new MAF) and I'm looking into some wider rims and tires. Despite everyone having cobra rims, I'm going to get a pair myself...17X8 Fronts and 17X9 Rears. How wide of a tire will I need to get some decent traction at the track? I'm thinking 275's will do the job or is that a little overkill? Maybe 255's? Am I better off just getting 255's for everyday driving and some slicks for at the track? Also, can someone recommend me some tires that will be sticky at the track yet good for a daily driver?
What year stang???

i would definetly get the 17x9's with 275/40's. as far as a street tire. i dont think you would be able to find a good one that will hold the power of a supercharger. just get some NT555R's. they last a long time and work good. i got 14,000 out of my last set