tired of Magnaflow; should i get Borla or Bassani?

• Sponsors (?)

GT12207 said:
I've had my magnaflow catback for 2 months only and I'm tired of the sound. Never liked that tone to begin with. I was immediately disappointed and felt like i wasted $$$ right after the installation. :bang:

What do you guys like more, Bassani or Borla (stinger?)?
:SNSign:
Well what is it that you do not like about the Magnaflow sound? What are you looking for that was missing from your current setup? Let us know so that we can prescribe the right muffler:nice:

P.S. I suggest BASSANI

The magnaflow is too "smooth" for my taste. I want something that RUMBLES, but doesn't drone like Flowmasters. And i have listened to all the clips on mustangexhaust.com MANY times, and the magnaflow sounded the best to me, but i guess not in person though, apparently.

I'm just going to go on your description of the sound of Borla and Bassani I guess.

BlackGT02, yeah, I'm going to want to sell it once i figure out which new catback to get. Practically brand new, the tip is even spot-welded on so no fear of the screw that tends to become loosen and I even bought the bassani baffles off of ebay that works great with the magnaflow tips. Where are you located at?

Do you have the stock cats on it? The stock midpipe takes away from the sound. I added the Magnaflow catback and catted X-pipe at the same time. It has a great rumble to it. It isn't very loud inside the car(which I don't want it to be), but it is loud outside the car. Have someone drive the car by you as they hammer the loud pedal. You will hear the rumble. If it still is not to your liking, maybe the magna packs is the way to go for you.

OR pipe should change it. I love the sound of my buddies car, OR xpipe, magnapack catback.
Borla stinger is LOUD the other system they offer is kinda quiet ( i have the quieter system).
Bassani sounds good but it doesn't have that Rumble to it. IMO
I suggest you go listen to as many combo's as you can and make up your mind then. until then just turn the stereo up :)

GT12207 said:
The magnaflow is too "smooth" for my taste. I want something that RUMBLES, but doesn't drone like Flowmasters. And i have listened to all the clips on mustangexhaust.com MANY times, and the magnaflow sounded the best to me, but i guess not in person though, apparently.

I'm just going to go on your description of the sound of Borla and Bassani I guess.

BlackGT02, yeah, I'm going to want to sell it once i figure out which new catback to get. Practically brand new, the tip is even spot-welded on so no fear of the screw that tends to become loosen and I even bought the bassani baffles off of ebay that works great with the magnaflow tips. Where are you located at?

Are you sure its the standard magnaflow catback you liked when you were listening to the clips? Seems to me like you were listening to clips of the magnapacks and ordered the standard catback. I dont really like either one myself, but if I ordered one or the other, it would deffinately be the magnapacks. I honestly never really liked the tone of the magnaflow stuff, although it does look great.

If your choosing between the bassani and borla stingers, my vote goes to the stingers. I would have went with the borla's if I had more money, but I am happy with my flows and their tone, just not loud enough yet (stock H).

4u2nv said:
Stingers with the catted X should sound terrific.

I had the Stingers and catted X, but I actually prefer my new "Steeda" Borla and Magnaflow O/R X-pipe combo better. More of a mellow rumble and less of a loud rasp. And the catted X and Stinger wasn't that much louder than what I have now.

GT12207 said:
I've had my magnaflow catback for 2 months only and I'm tired of the sound. Never liked that tone to begin with. I was immediately disappointed and felt like i wasted $$$ right after the installation. :bang:

What do you guys like more, Bassani or Borla (stinger?)?
:SNSign:

Like said above, if you have a stock catted H pipe, that's your problem right there. I highly recommend the MagnaFlow catted X. The combo produces a powerful sound that doesn't sound like a little boy's car with Flowmasters at all. Very little drone.

Thanks guys for all your replies!

hmm, i think i'm going to try the Borla stinger and live with it even if i don't like it because this is getting really expensive.

unless... is there a way to replace the magnaflow mufflers with the Magnapack round mufflers??? is it a direct bolt on fit? that is if i could find where to buy it. Is this a good idea to save money or should i just dish out the cash one more time and get the Borla?

Also, i think i might have a defective magnaflow catted x-pipe. it didn't make my exhaust any louder, same as stock. :shrug: