tired trans

Black70Fastback

Dec 14, 2003
Dyer, IN
my buddy has a 94 gt in which he hurt the gear box in. chipped gear, for the past while it has made some whining and the synchros are on their way out to so it is just time anyways.

i have a transmission available from a '90 5.0 LX. it also needs to be rebuilt so my question is, with a full rebuild kit, first and second gear replaced on the fox tranny, can i put an sn95 input shaft in? i believe this is the big diff, the length?

otherwise the fox tranny also has a mcleoad bellhousing. can i just put the whole set up in? its only 3/4 inch isnt it?

the reason is this is his only car, and right now it is still lightly drivable, if i have another transmission, he will only be without the car a saterday. and then ill just take the original trans myself and rebuild it later for something else.

• Sponsors (?)

94Blue302GT said:
the input shaft is 5/8" longer, and the bellhousing is made to match on the 94/95's, so i'm pretty sure you'll have to use the stock bellhousing and shaft...
mr. torino boy...
LOL, HI!

uh dont answer my question!!! its your car im puting a tranny in mustang boy. and were gonna use marks transmission. ill cover the cost, ha ha