Tires...couple questions

Dragstr05

Dec 21, 2004
Stafford VA
So I was at work yesterday using the tire balance machine and hit a jackpot. There were (4) used khumo ecsta tires sitting there after being taken off the previous night...supposedly they came off a 95 cobra.

So I took them and stacked them up by my bay, they are size 255/45/17 and have about 7/32" tread left; about 70% in most cases. I'm running 245/45/17 BFG KDWS right now that I got back in winter.

1) I know the sidewall hight is slightly taller on the khumo's, but I cant make any changes to my custom tune on my SCT X3. Would it be enough of a difference to throw the speedo off?

2) Has anyone run these tires? Are they worth swapping? I should be able to run them till atleast october, probably even november. Hardly ever snows here in VA.

• Sponsors (?)

it wont be enough to throw your speedo of more than 2-3 MPH

however the real question is this....ecsta what, Ecsta MX, ASX, 711? they call alot of their tires ecsta so it is important to know which one it is before anyone can make some sort of call.

however the real question is this....ecsta what, Ecsta MX, ASX, 711? they call alot of their tires ecsta so it is important to know which one it is before anyone can make some sort of call.

The full name on the tire was Khumo Ecsta Supra if it helps.

I wouldnt buy khumo's...but these were free to me. Saw the size and I grabbed them. My speedo is already off a few MPH so I wont worry about it too much. Just need to know if they are worth swapping now. The sidewalls on my BFG's are hard as a rock and a complete ***** to mount.

I have not been able to make any type of kuhmo tire hook up on my mustang. i have tired a couple of different tires because the price was desireable, lol. they are cheap but just plain and simple kuhmo tires are made up of mostly hard compounds. without rear gear, you might be ok, but dont plan on pulling 1.9 short times. lol. If you are worried about mileage on the tire, they will be excellent.

just my .02 cents.

Greg