TJ's Eaton M90 Build-Up Thread

I had this concern too, Im am still not 100% sure on it, but if it has 6psi of boost, the whole thing is pressurized, everything. And remember not all ports operate at the same time so in my thinking it will work out ok. we will see though. might have to modify it a little bit or get a carb intake with injector ports. we'll see.

• Sponsors (?)

I would reconsider the upper plenum design. Sure the intake tube has pressure, but pressure in a compressible fluid such as air varies like crazy in a flow (i.e. at bends, and sharp corners especially). The logic equating the pressure to the balanced flow between the runners will not be accurate in a dynamic situation like high velocity fluid flow.

You might get away with an internal baffle, but it would end up being very close to the runners. You would want to keep any obstructions at LEAST 1.5 diameters away from the intake openings.

Now you could do a tapered plenum where the incoming air from the intake tube travels across the runners from front to back rather than 'shooting' it right into the middle ones. It would be much like long intercooler plenums are formed --->

Follow the logic with how the air is distributed to the fins
spearco%20web%20intercooler.jpg

I had this concern too, Im am still not 100% sure on it, but if it has 6psi of boost, the whole thing is pressurized, everything. And remember not all ports operate at the same time so in my thinking it will work out ok. we will see though. might have to modify it a little bit or get a carb intake with injector ports. we'll see.

chp has a couple of carb-style intakes with injector ports. check out the spyder ii. i just looked again and they are expensive now dang

I agree. The most "successful" intake for a turbo application is a "log" style. It would be really easy to put the output of the SC into the back of the lower intake and let it blow across the tops of the ports. I think I might be inclined to try to cut the top of the lower intak down, if for no other reason than to put the SC lower in the engine bay to clear an OE hood. I didn't realize that the "out" of this SC was on top! That's a little difficult to deal with, huh? Can it be flipped?

Please understand, I am in no way knocking what you are doing. I like it! I'm just thinking out loud.

got it off ebay for $200, it came with the upper intake and all the supercoupe piping, you could get the blower alone for cheaper off ebay but i didnt know what i was gonna need.

Man its snowing here so my newly put together car cant be driven :(. I wanna drive it so bad, just got the timing set back to about 8* or so and fixed the idler pulley and fixed my leaks and my idle a little. I wanna DRIVE!!!

dang it's hard to beat that price ... :nice:
got it off ebay for $200, it came with the upper intake and all the supercoupe piping, you could get the blower alone for cheaper off ebay but i didnt know what i was gonna need.

Man its snowing here so my newly put together car cant be driven :(. I wanna drive it so bad, just got the timing set back to about 8* or so and fixed the idler pulley and fixed my leaks and my idle a little. I wanna DRIVE!!!

hey i just noticed you are in no. va. i'm in bethesda/silver spring. after i get my car back, we should hook up :cool: :nice: :cheers:

i doubt you are blowing your spark out. i think you need more boost to have that problem. but did you change the plugs or gap the ones you have in there already?

that is awesome to end up with a blower car for so little cash out. now you need to get another one and bolt it onto the other side. :hail2: