tko 500 installed

bill302

Nov 2, 2005
alabama,gadsden
i removed the t-5 and installed the tko in just under 5 hrs by myself making a run to the parts store for a new throwout bearing...it shifts great almost impossible to miss a gear.
tremectransmission008.jpg

tremectransmission003.jpg

Attachments

• tremectransmission008.jpg
    tremectransmission008.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 68
  • tremectransmission003.jpg
    tremectransmission003.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 69
  • Sponsors (?)

5 hrs without a hoist and a cast from my foot to my knee (i had ankle surgery 3 weeks ago)plus making a run to the parts store..lol ensure you have exhaust flanges where you can remove exhaust from headers and before mufflers i had some flanges welded in before install so i could remove exhaust at mufflers....

Just make sure you resist the urge to bang on it durring the break in! It was really tough when i did mine because it had a C4 in it before i put the Tremec in, and it was killing me not to pound on the gears!

88_GT_5_oh said:
i have a downpipe off my turbo so its only 1 3.5 inch pipe and since i built it i know how to take it off fast lol.

how much did it run you if you don't mind saying.

a friend bought it a year ago and sold the car he was going to install it into.so he was going to put it into his 66 stang project car,but in the mean time he tore the clutch out of his 01 mustang and didnt have the money to repair it so i offered him my t-5 (for him to install in his 66 project car) and $800 for the tranny and bellhousing and he accepted,which all of it was new and never installed. he spent right at $2000 a year ago thru mustangs unlimited for tranny and bellhousing. but for the good deal i recieved i did help him and a friend install his new clutch,pressure plate and flywheel free of charge...