TKO 600 Owners come in

02TruBlueGt

Aug 22, 2006
So im getting a used TKO 600 with less then 3k miles with a spec 3+ clutch xmember and bellhousing. Ill be picking up the i need from D&D Performance, and then ordering a MGW shifter to mate up with it. Now i ask ... What do all you TKO owners think of your tranny?BTW im getting everything for 1700 shipped.

• Sponsors (?)

my buddy with the KB GT hadone in his car. he tore it out 3 times. it wont shift into third at high rpms, he eventually ended up breaking the transmission main case about a month ago and took it out and put his stocker back in. he is much happier with the stock 3650.

he sold the entire TKO 600 with scatter shield and clutch for $300:(

should have gone with a T56

There is a good reason why most new performance cars come with 6spd not 5spd. I have a tko 500 and it doesn't like shifting over 5500 rpms. Luckily I don't have much power past that so it isn't a big problem. At first when it was new it wouldn't shift past 5000 rpm. Now it shifts fine until 5500 but just don't expect to powershift at all. If I could do it over again I would have gone with a t-56. good luck.

P.S. TKO's don't like shifting into 3rd fast.

Well i guess you could say im getting it at a steal. Im paying 1700 shipped for the tko600, spec 3+ clutch, bellhousing, xmember, and shifter all with less then 3k on it according to seller. If i had the extra cash he is also selling a p-51 intake for 700 with fuel rails, but i dont have the money for it.

For people wondering why i would need the 600. Well in my shed right now I am building a 302 stroker motor that will either get 2 62-1 turbos a d1sc blower or alot of nitrous. Still figuring on that. Also when this tranny goes in so will UCA's SFC's and a 31 spline rear. For those slicks i am going to run.:D