Tmoss lower install complete pics

94_302

Founding Member
Sep 2, 2002
Miami
edit:Wow the pics are huge sorry I tried to edit them but oh well.

The install started when I got this right here.
Tmoss lower

I started last thursday night when my friend got off work.
Engine bay before

I ran into my first problem that night, the hex bolt screw broke off in the hex bolt and I was stuck at this point right here.
thursday night

Finally we got it off after drilling out the piece that got stuck, we removed the lower and took off the fuel injectors and rails. This was friday night.
Injectors and rails

We also stuffed up the lower intake for the night since we didnt have the proper tools to use the torque wrench for the lower. That and it was like midnight, forced us to stop.
stuffed lower

The next day after getting some parts we needed we removed the lower.
removed lower

Here is a pick of everything laid out in the garage.
garage layout

This is my friend inspecting the porting job, he wanted to take a dremel and port my heads and my upper and lower a little more. I told him no. Also that is his truck in the background in case anyone is wondering.
Inspection

Here is a pic the next day of some of the garage and the car.
Garage

Looks like a perfect fit :banana:
Lower intake on

I also decided to change the plugs on my car since they are the ORIGINAL, with 33,940 miles i figured why not, my dad kept insisting they are still good. Im holding the originals and my friend is trying to be the ngk spark plug bling bling g.
Bling Bling spark plug king

After all said and done here it is completed.
Done

My friend showing me how his truck can pop wheelies on the stock tires and everything :rlaugh:
Wheelie

The reason why this install took so long was we had to keep getting parts. I was glad that I did it. In the end I did the tmoss lower, 180* thermo, NGK spark plugs, and dr. tranny shudder fix. My car feels brand new :) According to my dad the car is much faster :nice: I think so too, I can tell a difference for sure in the lower rpms, feels good :spot:

• Sponsors (?)

Well this is the 4th S. Florida guy that has done a lower intake swap recently. RC did his early this month (lower gaskets). I think Str8stang036 (Jose) did his around that time (Typhoon). Mine was done a week ago. Guess it runs in this area.

94 302...Give yourself some time to learn for where the powerband is, tis a sweet mod for the money...i ran one for couple years....the top end should really come around to...she'll run right to redline no sweat, pulling all the way...for 100.00, you really cant beat it...

with my car already having the cam, and some cleanup etc. on my heads, i noticed a big change in the street manners of the car. It has a lot more torque all throught the rpm's. It does as RIO says, pull all the way to the redline, You will really like it.

jason

gruvee87vertgt said:
Nice job......Also, I love the pic of the plam trees in the backround-it sure does make a guy from cold chicago feel like dipstick.

Thanks, right now Im in Virginia so no palm trees for me till summer. However today was beautiful day :nice: I love the intake.