to be original or not to be?

powershift46

Founding Member
Apr 22, 2002
NW IA
I am having a moral dilemma, I piked up a 5.0 vert a while back that is 100% original, down to the stock muffs and silencer. I would enjoy moding the crap out of it, but taring up a car like this almost feels wrong. Any insight into this? its not some rare one in a million special edition or anything, and it has been repainted at one time. :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

if you want to keep it original thats cool. if it were me i would still do the exhaust. and probably delete the EGR and smog.

i dont know keeping the thing bone stock is going to be a hard deal for you probably.

well, to me the point of buying a Mustang, especially a fox body is to mod it, especially because its cheap to do. I mean, its your car, so whether we think you should do anything to it or not really shouldn't matter. But I'm sure you've got the bug like the rest of us and the more you drive it and keep it stock, the more you'll want to do something to it. Trust me, it will start out little, and you'll just keep going. :D

Unless it's one of a few particular years, i wouldn't sweat it. I'd say just about anything prior to '86 i probably wouldn't mod if it was that original, and then a '93 Cobra and the other SCCA type cars that are rare to begin with i would leave alone, and of course SVO's.