Today, I join the N/A 12 sec club

95snoozer

Dec 14, 2002
RCR
some cool weather rolled in today so I knew this was my night. I almost didnt make it out to the track due to other obligations. I was running errands and didnt get to the track until almost 10

ran 13.05 then 13.04, then it came...

1.78 60'
8.26 @ 83.47
12.95 @ 104.9

:banana:
after that pass, I am retiring the car. :D
mods are in the sig.
Stock heads
stock rear,
stock tranny

• Sponsors (?)

jtkz13 said:
Thats freakin awesome, especially since some guys cant hit 12's with H/C/I. 105mph is damn strong for your mods, any dyno numbers?
hmm last dyno was 246/290..... but who knows what its as now. lil different timing and a homemade cai :shrug: plus the car is a few mph faster from when I dynoed

I must say congrats. I remember when you first came here and asked about running 12's on the stock heads... I told you I didn't see it happening, but you did it and I give you props. Plus you presented your accomplishments in a nice way, and for that I really give you props! Way to go!!! I wanted to ask you if you managed to do it at the turbo mustang shootout, but forgot to.

Tell us more about the run, ie launch rpm, shift points etc. How about a complete pic of the slip so we can see your 330', 1/8th, etc. There are a lot of similarly equipped cars here and they could benefit from it.

zenboy99 said:
What rear tires are you running? Thats a great 60 foot time for stock suspension, I'm ridiculously jealous
these are M&H muscle car drag tires. 305/40/16
please excuse the poor pic quality
weight.jpg

fattire1.jpg

Killercanary said:
I must say congrats. I remember when you first came here and asked about running 12's on the stock heads... I told you I didn't see it happening, but you did it and I give you props. Plus you presented your accomplishments in a nice way, and for that I really give you props! Way to go!!! I wanted to ask you if you managed to do it at the turbo mustang shootout, but forgot to.

Tell us more about the run, ie launch rpm, shift points etc. How about a complete pic of the slip so we can see your 330', 1/8th, etc. There are a lot of similarly equipped cars here and they could benefit from it.

I will scan it later....

60'------1.7842
330'-----5.3034
1/8 ET---8.2621
1/8 MPH--83.47
1000'-----10.8067
1/4-------12.9586
1/4 mph---104.90

launching... I just rev around 4 and when the lights come bring it up to 5, floor it and pull off the clutch quickly all at the same time..... no real launch rpm, because I am just WOT. the tires fight for traction and finally grab after I am passed the tree. I shift out of 1st about 5800 cause the gear is so fast
and then go off my 5600 shift light for all my other shifts

here is my dyno form a year ago...
http://www.sesamestreetracing.com/my dyno biiiig.JPG

At the turbo mustang shootout, I took 2nd in the 12.9+ class I lost to an 03 cobra that was letting off to run in the 12.9+ index
when I worried about cutting lights I could never manage to launch it hard... to busy timing. but the 5hundred-6hundred lights did me well. :D

I won an aeromotive billet inline fuel tank pickup and a gift certificate for a custom tuned chip.... But its in michigan :( I probably have to sell it.

Those are all great times. I SO hope i get even CLOSE to that. i have to rely on my dremel to get me quicker due to my low income and school. Those slicks have GOT to help BIG TIME. I'm wondering if anyone took a totally stock stang and just threw on slicks what he would get?
Lee

94Blue302GT said:
Those are all great times. I SO hope i get even CLOSE to that. i have to rely on my dremel to get me quicker due to my low income and school. Those slicks have GOT to help BIG TIME. I'm wondering if anyone took a totally stock stang and just threw on slicks what he would get?
Lee

MMFF did..... do a search and you will find the thread somewhere