Tokico D-Spec Shocks

Anybody here running them ? How do you like 'em ??

They are one of the few shocks / struts I've found that are adjustable for both compression and rebound. Are they hard to adjust (specifically the rears) also, can they be used with coil overs (for future use)? Thx

• Sponsors (?)

I just bought a set of these with some other suspension goodies for my IS300 that I want to do autocross with. I'm hoping to put them in over the TG break and I'll let you know how they are. From all the research I did they are some pretty wicked shock/struts. They come with a small adjusting tool that fits on your key ring and as long as you can reach the top of them, they are super easy to adjust. Turning the knob adjusts compression and rebound proportionally at the same time. If you run pillowball mounts you have to use a hex key instead. I really like the infinite adjustability of them so they can be used for anything from auto-x, drag, rally etc. Not sure about your coilover question but I would imagine they would work.

Thanks for the reply FastFox86 - that's just what I was looking for. :nice:

Only thing, I'm wondering how you get to the top of the rear shock on a Fox hatchback to adjust them ? I hear Tokico makes an adjuster extension of sorts, maybe that would help. Cool deal !

I thought I'd update this post since I said I would. I didn't get my shocks/struts installed over TG because my Grandpa passed away so I was out of town. Finally got around to installing the fronts over the weekend and they are pretty awesome so far. I ran out of time to do the rears so I'll hit them this weekend and report back after some thrashing.

I thought I'd update this post since I said I would. I didn't get my shocks/struts installed over TG because my Grandpa passed away so I was out of town. Finally got around to installing the fronts over the weekend and they are pretty awesome so far. I ran out of time to do the rears so I'll hit them this weekend and report back after some thrashing.

So sorry to hear about your Grandpa. Thanks for the update. My rear D-Specs have arrived but I haven't installed them yet either. The front strut D-Specs will be delivered soon and I will install everything right after Christmas. I can't wait ! Mine did not arrive with the adjusting tool but I complained on the LRS forum and they hooked me up with the tool. For what the shocks / struts cost it should be included.

I feel like you wouldn't need the extension at all...

I'm not sure it would fit at all actually... wouldn't it stick up into the hatch area quite a bit?

Actually, I may not need them, and it remains to be seen if they will actually fit. Hopefully with some creative routing I can face the extensions towards the front and just be able to reach in the back seat and adjust the rears. I'll let you know in a few days...

192949d1250465245-91-mustang-lx-hatch-mustang-006.jpg

best looking hatch ever...
m5lp_0204_03_z+1986_ford_mustang+hatch.jpg

the adjustment is right there on top... it looks like the extensions would stick up above plastic cover.