Tokico or KYB

rich1223

Founding Member
Jul 6, 2001
NYC
I am planning on changing the worn shocks and struts on my 95 GT.I just want to know what would be the better choice the tokicos or the KYB non ajustables.Or i heard some good things about the eddlebrook IAS shocks.thanx

• Sponsors (?)

I would go with the Tokicos if you are serious about performance. I bought KYBs for my 1994 and noticed only slight difference from stock. They seemed fine, but Tokico is a much more reputable brand in the racing world.

Jon

from personal experience, i just put the non-adjustable tokico's shocks, struts, and springs on my stang. I dont have pics as i am at school now but i should be able to get some this weekend. It was a nice drop and the ride is great.

My deciding factor was when a guy on here said that his stang drove like a million dollars with the tokicos. Well......let me just say i second that. You wont be disappointed.

I third that. I have the 5 Ways on my 94GT and love them a lot. I put the Premiums on my 01' and think the world of them. I'd go with Tokico's.

I bought the Mach1 shocks and struts from my local Ford dealership for $180.

Thanks i think i will go with tokicos i just talked to my man Joe who owns a all Stang shop Mustang Magic here in LI NY and he too likes the Tokicos!But he likes the Bilstein's better but they are alot of $$$!

rich1223 said:
Thanks i think i will go with tokicos i just talked to my man Joe who owns a all Stang shop Mustang Magic here in LI NY and he too likes the Tokicos!But he likes the Bilstein's better but they are alot of $$$!

What do you plan on doing with the car. Is it just for street/everyday use or do you do any type of weekend racing?

Rob

No not really my weekend racing days are pretty much over!It will be mostly a street car with the occassional stop light drag race.Anyway i went with Tokico Mach 1 struts and shocks and FMS C-springs from what i have heard it's a very good setup.But i won't give my opinion until i install them next week.