Tonights UFC Fight outcome????

• Sponsors (?)

My bets on Ortiz and Arvlovkski. Sylvia while better than before still seems too sloppy for my taste. I haven't been keeping up with Pride much lately. I wish that the two would compete against each other at some point. Even though the timing of the matches is far different, thus the fighting and conditioning is much different.

89five.o said:
My bets on Ortiz and Arvlovkski. Sylvia while better than before still seems too sloppy for my taste. I haven't been keeping up with Pride much lately. I wish that the two would compete against each other at some point. Even though the timing of the matches is far different, thus the fighting and conditioning is much different.

Well, I cant stand Sylvia, he had the nerve to ask who Jerome LeBanner is after being called out by him. LeBanner is a K1 fighter but if Tim played the stand up game with him, he would get killed. Arvlovski is grossly overrated, people saying he could take out Fedor and such, LOL! Then after this fight, who is left in the heavyweights in UFC? UFC does have the best fighters at 170 though.

maverick0716 said:
I think they should go back to the tournament style in UFC......it's turning into boxing for God's sake.

There are way too many injuries for it to be a tournament style, the athletic commissions wont let it happen. It worked when it was a bunch of brawlers but it wont work now with people training so much and fighting with injuries how it is.

Pride is about as close as it gets, at the end of the GP's, you fight twice in the same night.

I'd say Pride is better only because they have less rules.... Then again the fighters don't seem as good as UFC fighters and man it's such a joke when they get near the ropes.

I'm thinking they should get Rampage Jackson to fight Chuck in UFC, and hell bring the Gracie hunter over too ;).

Edit: I know Chuck already lost to him but I think Rampage would be an entertaining fighter in the UFC and beating Chuck again would be a nice entrance :)

Blandnuts said:
I'd say Pride is better only because they have less rules.... Then again the fighters don't seem as good as UFC fighters and man it's such a joke when they get near the ropes.

I'm thinking they should get Rampage Jackson to fight Chuck in UFC, and hell bring the Gracie hunter over too ;).

Edit: I know Chuck already lost to him but I think Rampage would be an entertaining fighter in the UFC and beating Chuck again would be a nice entrance :)

I can tell you arent a big mma fan. UFC has spoon fed you a lie lol. Pride has the top fighters in the world. Fedor, Big Nog, Lil Nog, Silva, Shogun, Sergei, Cro Cop, Henderson, Gomi, Hunt, Fujita, Yoshida. What does UFC have other than Liddel and he isnt the end all be all they make em out to be. They have a bunch of TUF fighters that are subpar that they can hype off of a tv show and their heavyweights are a bunch of king of the cage level c rated fighters. Their 170 class is pretty deep but the other guys? WTF are they thinking with some of the people they have.

Pride has knees and stomps to the head on the ground but no elbows, UFC has elbows. All the elbows do is cause cuts.

Rampage is fighting Matt Lindland in the IFL or whatever, so no UFC for him unless they throw some money at him. The gracie hunter, Sakuraba just quit Pride and went to K1's mma division.

Ouch, throwing guns.... I certainly don't breath mma but I keep my eye on it... You do mention some good fighters, but some of those top fighters in the world have been beaten by UFC fighters. But hell, I'm not going to get in a pissing match with you, fighters from both sides switch back and forth between the two.

Hmm, the RJ vs. matt might be an interesting fight. Way back before the randy vs chuck parade, randy was suppose to fight Silva but I guess that just got pushed under the rug.

Eh, Cro Cop hasnt been beat by a UFC fighter unless you count the one fluke loss to Randleman who has fought in the UFC but has fought in Pride more. There aint a UFC fighter past or present that will even touch Fedor. Look at Pedro Rizzo, he was THE MAN in UFC, he has been ko'd twice in the first round by a guy in the top 5 and a guy not even in the top 10. Josh Barnet was the man until he got the boot from UFC for steroids and he is having trouble in Pride although he did just win he first round match in the OWGP.

Royce got tooled by Sakuraba. Liddel came over and almost got killed by Overeem until he gassed, then got taken out by Rampage.

UFC has no "top guys" in heavyweight and two or three decent 205's but those guys would get crushed. Tito beat Silva many years ago by layin n praying to a decision, in Pride he would get stood up and yellow carded for that. Laying on somebody and being active on the ground are two different things.

I guess we'll have to see when Fedor fights some UFC fighters.... I don't remember Silva doing to well against Vitor, but then again Tito beat him (not very well I'll add).

I don't really think any of them would get crushed, all the good ones seem to have a few loses here and there to "so so" fighters.

Fedor wont be touched by anything from the UFC, hell Randleman and Coleman were both UFC heavyweight champs at one point and he subbed both of em quick. He beat the number 2 in the world 2 times. UFC has the worst heavyweights out of the big 3 MMA promotions. I mean seriously, Paul Buenetello? Sean Gannon? Monson? Mir? Sylvia?

Silva lost in a fight to Vitor 8 or so years ago, alot has changed since then, Silva started mauling people and Vitor got mauled lol. Vitor got crushed in Pride last year by Alistair Overeem who isnt even top 3 or top 5, that was after Tito killed em in UFC before that. UFC's top 205's are Liddel, Couture who retired, Tito and Babalu. Forrest isnt in the same league as the big dogs at this point and having Babalu as the third guy shows their talent pool isnt very deep.

Their 185's have a couple decent people but nobody on the level on Henderson. There is a difference between quality between the two and Pride fills 70000 people stadiums for a reason.

Speeds8erM-1 said:
This is why Royce didnt have a chance with Hughes, this fight is from New Years Eve against a 145 pound guy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPKj3oALDTc&search=royce gracie

Just because he was small doesn't mean he should have lost the fight. Bruce Lee was only 5'7" 135 lbs. and he could kick the **** out of a lot of guys too.....tremendous power for such a small frame......looks like that guy had it too.

maverick0716 said:
Just because he was small doesn't mean he should have lost the fight. Bruce Lee was only 5'7" 135 lbs. and he could kick the **** out of a lot of guys too.....tremendous power for such a small frame......looks like that guy had it too.

In todays professional sports where everybody is close, WEIGHT DOES MATTER. This isnt some trained guy fighting untrained cans or douchebags on a street corner. Just like in boxing, there are weight classes for a reason. Not to mention weight cutting in the classes and everything. Not to say a great middle weight or light heavy wouldnt tool a low level heavy but a high level heavy is gonna usually beat a high level smaller fighter, depending on if that fighter cuts alot of weight to make his weight or actually walks around much larger. Somebody who fights around 175-180 pounds vs somebody who fights at 145 is quite a difference. That guy is decent but no top line fighter http://www.sherdog.com/fightfinder/fightfinder.asp?fighterID=2276

Against a smaller grappler, Royce should have dominated and didnt. Thats why there were questions of why he was fighting Hughes and if he had a chance.

Speeds8erM-1 said:
In todays professional sports where everybody is close, WEIGHT DOES MATTER. This isnt some trained guy fighting untrained cans or douchebags on a street corner. Just like in boxing, there are weight classes for a reason. Not to mention weight cutting in the classes and everything. Not to say a great middle weight or light heavy wouldnt tool a low level heavy but a high level heavy is gonna usually beat a high level smaller fighter, depending on if that fighter cuts alot of weight to make his weight or actually walks around much larger. Somebody who fights around 175-180 pounds vs somebody who fights at 145 is quite a difference. That guy is decent but no top line fighter http://www.sherdog.com/fightfinder/fightfinder.asp?fighterID=2276

Against a smaller grappler, Royce should have dominated and didnt. Thats why there were questions of why he was fighting Hughes and if he had a chance.

I understand what you're saying, but in MMA size isn't ALWAYS the winning factor. Of course it is in boxing, because it's all punching power, they only use their fists. In MMA you don't need a whole lot of power to do submissions and throws......but speed does play a role.

Yes but having a heavy person and carrying their weight makes a big difference. A skilled small guy can still wreck a B or C level heavier fighter and the neat thing with MMA is that humans arent machines and things can happen. BJ Penn was considered the best in the world pound for pound at one time, he moved up from 155 to 170, to 185 I belive was his fight with Machida, I forget, 185 or 205, either way he wasnt used to having somebody that heavy on him during a match, caused him to gas.

The older UFC's and pre modern MMA saw people like Royce taking out unskilled big guys but these days alot of people are closer, well, USUALLY are closer in skill unless it's one of those Japan freak shows lol. Like Minowa vs Giant Silva or Royce vs Akebono. A 205 going up to heavyweight isnt as big of a deal as most light heavy's walk around at heavyweight anyway.

Sucks the Pride Open Weight Grand Prix doesnt have alot of smaller guys, Silva and Minowa were the only non heavyweights in there really and Silva walks around at over 205 anyway, Minowa got taken out quick by Cro Cop. Would be interesting to see Gomi in there with the bigger guys.

speadfreak said:
Did anybody really think that gracie could actually win? I mean back in the day Gracie was unstoppable, but since then fighters have taken notes on Gracie's fighting style.........lol.......when the student surpasses the master. Kinda funny too.....Hughs didn't do near as much trash talking as Gracie before that fight.

are you serious the prefight i saw was gracie was layed back and hughs what saying how gracies traning was **** and far serpassed and he wants gracie to admit after he beats hime that that mma traning is better then jiu jitsu. thats just what i saw on the net i actuly didnt get to see the hole ufc 60