Took Stang on a trip

Just like the title states a buddy and I took a trip in the Stang to Bristol Tenn to see the cup race on Sunday. I know their are not a lot of NASCAR fans in here but I thought I would share anyway.
Took a few pics while driving thru the mountains. My buddy that went with me owns a 96 Chevy SS Impala with only 60k on it and it is very nice (in stock form). His car has only had 1500 miles put on it in the past 2 years.
Anyhow he was kinda leary about going in my car, for comfort reasons. It took 6.5 hrs to get there and 5.5 back. On the way back when we were about 2 hrs out he made the comment to me, "man I am impressed with how well this car rides and to be quite honest with you I am still very comfortable in these seats as well, this is actually more comfortable then the SS on a trip":D . We got between 26-27 mpg on the way back with the A/C running untill the sun went down. Stang didn't miss a beat the whole trip, which I knew it wouldn't. I almost got stuck in the parking lot though:nonono: .
Here are a couple pics from the drive. One of the pics is of a dragcar, it was cool the did like a backfire salute to the fallen dragracer that died last week.
View attachment 393574
View attachment 393576
View attachment 393578
RIP
BRISTOLDAYRACE011.jpg

View attachment 393583
Oh and it was an awesom race, lots of fun.

• Sponsors (?)

You are correct. Beautiful area man. Let me ask ya something;; when we were going to Bristol it felt like my car was robbed of some power in 5th gear. It looked like we were on a level road, but it just would not go like it normally does without downshifting. Coming back it seemed to be fine. Is it more uphill going then coming back?? I think it is but just not sure. It must be because I got better mileage coming back.
Anyway very nice area when looking from the interstate.
I see your from Hendersonville, we stopped @ the Arby's there on the way back and they were very polite and even made me a fresh pot of coffee and didn't charge me for a cup, also they gave us an extra sandwich by accident and I went back to the counter and they said dont worry and let us have it for free as well.

Glad you liked the area....I love it...Ive lived here 8 years moved from WV..You might have been a victim of altitude...Going over that mountain you were around 3300 feet..I actually live in Flat Rock at the Eastern Continetal divide..its 2200 ft..

Kelly