took the '04 vert to hrp

JBVobra

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2000
Corpus Christi, Tx.
I was going to houston on business and got some time friday evening to run out to hrp. Here was the first pass:

60ft... 1.947
330.... 5.139
1/8.... 7.781
mph... 94.32
1000.. 10.035
1/4... 11.946
mph.. 118.61

tires are the same 275/40 nittos i run all the time. i couldn't hook worth a crap. :( made a second pass and spun worse....and then got booted on the rollbar rule by tech. oh well, at least I did manage an 11 sec pass. time for a real drag setup, cars got a ton more potential as is power/tq wise. car weight was 3915 with me in it

• Sponsors (?)

nice run, Jeff. How crowded was it?
Mark

Hi Mark. It was not too crowded before 7:30 when I made the first run. After that, it was very crowded. There were a ton of street pickups, and I don't think that helped the track since most of those idiots were driving right through the water with all 4s. I should have got there earlier than i did

what color is your c5z?

Hi Mark. It was not too crowded before 7:30 when I made the first run. After that, it was very crowded. There were a ton of street pickups, and I don't think that helped the track since most of those idiots were driving right through the water with all 4s. I should have got there earlier than i did

what color is your c5z?

it's black. We will have to line them up next time you are in town, if I get my clutch fixed.

I like to run at HMP in Humble on Sunday evenings. Even though it is an 1/8, there are not many street cars on Sunday and track prep is right on with HRP. Shoot me a PM if you come back in town and are going to the track.

will do, Mark. It might be sooner than I imagined....I think I'm going back to houston this weekend since I get Monday off. Probably going Sunday afternoon weather permitting...I'm still kicking myself I didn't run any better and its eating at me - lol