Took the Cobra to the body shop today!

02 281 GT

Agreed...My wife has great Boobs
15 Year Member
Feb 3, 2009
Cabot, AR
I dropped the Cobra off at the body shop today to get fixed/repainted. I got back from a deployment about two weeks ago; two days before I left someone hit me on the passenger side when they tried to pass me on the shoulder of a two-lane road when I was making a turn.

The result:
View attachment 231489

So I dropped it off today to get repaired. I'm getting the car repainted along with repairing the damage since it needed it to begin with. It was previously a two-owner/one-family car, and it was taken care of (interior is immaculate) with the exception of the paint. I ordered an HO Fibertrends '95 Cobra R hood and redline tuning hood strut kit. That's going on as well as filling the antenna hole (I removed the cable and mast long ago) and the rear bumper reflectors. I'm also getting the guy at the body shop to shoot the taillights with some tint so that they match my smoked headlamps and foglamps. Should look pretty sick when it's done!

Today when I dropped it off:
View attachment 231490

Can't wait to get it back. :D

• Sponsors (?)

that had to suck right before you leave. Should look awesome w/ the upgrades and new paint, be sure to post up pics when its done. Did they say when it might be done?

The place I took it to does good work, but I've heard that they're slow. I'm expecting three to four weeks before it's all done. They're going to give me a call once they've had a chance to take it apart some and see what all it needs, and I should know for sure then.

I'm definitely staying with the black! :) I talked to the body shop today and he said he'll have the whole specific price estimate tomorrow. Well, today, I guess. Definitely posting up some pics when it's finished!

Maintainer. Avionics.

oh no...a pointy head!! j/k :rlaugh:

really though, that's awesome, good for you. I was an engine guy for 10 yrs
(130's, T-56's), before x-trng and getting the zipper suit. Loved fixing planes...but flying is fun also. Deploying....tax free, hostile fire, imminent danger...seems my car always gets some goodies after I do my travel voucher. :flag:

Nice Cobra, hope it looks better than new when you get it back. :nice:

Unbelievable. crapola I can't stand idiot drivers like that. Hope it gets fixed up as good as new - definitely post up before/after pics.
Yeah. I was pretty pissed. I'm just glad it was totalled.

02 281 GT, you never mentioned what happened to the idiot that hit you. Did he try to run? Is his insurance paying for your repair costs? I'm curious.
Nah, he didn't try to run. It was actually an older couple in a minivan. The insurance is paying the repair costs, I'm throwing a bit extra in there on my own the take care of the whole paint job while it's taken apart anyway. And my name's Jon, so you can call me that if you want instead of 02 281 GT. Haha!

oh no...a pointy head!! j/k :rlaugh:

really though, that's awesome, good for you. I was an engine guy for 10 yrs
(130's, T-56's), before x-trng and getting the zipper suit. Loved fixing planes...but flying is fun also. Deploying....tax free, hostile fire, imminent danger...seems my car always gets some goodies after I do my travel voucher. :flag:

Nice Cobra, hope it looks better than new when you get it back. :nice:
Yeah. The hostile fire and tax free helped me pay the Cobra off while I was gone. I took out a loan to get it last Feb, and it's already paid off a year later! Gotta love it!

Yeah. I was pretty pissed. I'm just glad it was totalled.

I think you mean NOT totalled. :) Tho if it was a GT, the insurance company may have totalled it anyway.

And my name's Jon, so you can call me that if you want instead of 02 281 GT. Haha!

Feel free to put your name in your signature, a bunch of us do that for the exact same reason. :nice:

Not yet. They're supposed to call me sometime this week so I can come down and get the full estimate and all, but no call yet. They actually were supposed to do this about a week and a half ago, but then the snow hit. I'll be sure to bring the camera when I go see it. :)

I called them today and they said that they called the other guy's insurance adjuster out there again since apparently they need to replace the quarter panel on the passenger side. They said they'll call me tomorrow. I'll take some pics whenever I go see it.

Drove down today and they priced it all out for me. It'll come down to $5000 out of pocket on my end. The damage from the accident isn't included in that. That includes removing the doors and trunk lid to do the jambs, redoing the front bumper and the roof (where the clear is almost gone), repaint the entire car, and the custom stuff I'm having done.

A little more than I was expecting, but I guess it's not too bad overall. :shrug:

Drove down today and they priced it all out for me. It'll come down to $5000 out of pocket on my end. The damage from the accident isn't included in that. That includes removing the doors and trunk lid to do the jambs, redoing the front bumper and the roof (where the clear is almost gone), repaint the entire car, and the custom stuff I'm having done.

A little more than I was expecting, but I guess it's not too bad overall. :shrug:

That's not too terrible. But it will look incredible when done though:nice: