top end kits for stock motor

i blew the head gaskets at 149,000mi, time for an upgrade on the top end anyways. i've been looking at the trick flow street heat kit, any other suggestions for heads, cam, and intake? i'm just looking to get around 300-320 horse with a scary sounding cam.

• Sponsors (?)

I have no complaints about my TFS top end kit. I am not sure what kind of power I make but before the blower it was a strong setup for sure. AFM has a top end kit as well using trick flow heads and their own camshaft with a PP typhoon intake if you want to check that one out as well.

I was in the same boat with a blown headgasket at 136k. I went with the TFS kit because it is the most complete kit minus new lifters(definately spend the 100 bucks and get another set of ford ones). I am very pleased with the performance and the cost was very reasonable.
Kevin

Make sure your bottom end is in good condition, especially after a blown head gasket.
I've seen plenty of people do similar to what you plan, and have their engine burn serious amounts of oil afterwards because it's days were done.

That's good advice...perhaps you might want to save your pennies for a few more weeks and re-ring/bearing the bottom end. This would not be too extensive or expensive...and would def give you some piece of mind after bolting another 100hp on the car!

That being said...its really hard to beat the trickflow kits...good luck

could take it to a good builder, put some flatops in there to raise the compression to near 10 to 1, .30 over, some lighter rods, and have it set up to run the stage II cam with the track heat kit. Get a chip tune, then should be a awesome street car with some attitude.

i got the tfs top end kit and i couldnt be happier. especially with the sound of the cam just like you had said you wanted. i get compliments daily on the mean sound.