TOP END SPEED

xkuntrycowboyx said:
how do you convert that... is there a formula?

Yes there is. I used to have that calculator also and now I lost the website.

I went 145mph all stock with 3:55 gears. Needle was still going forward at a regular paste so lots left in it. Although my tires were kinda bald and I was with somebody else so I didnt want to put her in any greater danger. Also if you get caught with that kind of speed around here, you automaticaly lose your license. Not sure about the law for the US though..

• Sponsors (?)

4.10 gears here. I didn't change the speedo gear so I donno how fast i was going.. my odometer reads 136,120 and i was around the 6. 4th gear, hitting the rev limiter with the top down :)

Zero Signal said:
145 all stock

Same here, except I had springs and exhaust done. The stock speedo read 145 and was still climbing steadily in 5th, can't remember the RPM's since that was like 3 years ago. I've never gone that fast since, and probably never will unless Im on a track. :D

matthiasj said:
i burried it @ 150 with stock engine/gears on the dyno 4th gear @ 5200 rpms.

Damn you've got some guts to go that fast on a dyno! :rolleyes:

:jester: just messing. I've always wanted to start my stang up and run it through the gears while it is on a lift at work. I might do that this weekend, lol.

In my car, 135ish and I felt like I was starting to float. Thats with 3.27s in 4th gear.

In a Porsche 911 twin turbo, 175ish in 5th or 6th, I wasn't driving though, and the car felt rock solid. It wasn't loud either, all you could hear was the turbo's screaming.

Adam