Top End Upgrade??

• Sponsors (?)

Ok. My car will be back tuesday. It does have a vortech v1 sc trim hooked up. What chip should I order and from where?? I would like to order from somewhere I can call and let them know what I want and what I got so the tunes will work with what I have. I just need to know where to go to. Who do I call? Or what website should I be lookin on? What company?

Ok. My car will be back tuesday. It does have a vortech v1 sc trim hooked up. What chip should I order and from where?? I would like to order from somewhere I can call and let them know what I want and what I got so the tunes will work with what I have. I just need to know where to go to. Who do I call? Or what website should I be lookin on? What company?
Talk to addermk2 in your thread here I don't no anyone who really does remote tuning besides for him . Most of the times the place that dynos sells the chip with the tune when your there

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate

Reactions: 1 users
Just don't use American Muscle Bama chip! They're only good for nearly stock setups(if that!-I'm not a fan) and for the life of me I can't remember the Guys name over on the corral who does it. You could pop over to that website and ask also. I've never used a mail order chip. I've just heard/read a lot of bad reviews on the Bama "crap"

Reactions: 1 user
Was the dyno shop 4 hrs away booked? I don't have any experience w remote tuning but if something doesn't turn out as advertised or there's a mishap it might be eaiser to get help from a shop that's 4 hrs away than a guy tuning in his bath robe 1,500 mi away.
*Edit* what topend did u go with?

Last edited:
I haven't done a top end yet. The car has been in the shop for almost two weeks. Went in for alignment after I put Suspendion on. Ran into tire rub. Fixed that. Needed new steering rack. Fixed that. Clunk in the steering so ordered a new shaft. Blah blah blah. It ws one of those things I took it in for alignment and said oh yea :leghump: it its here already go ahead and fix that rack. Fix that too. Anyway. While it has sat there and I have been on here getting much needed different points of views from people that have done this or that. I decided I have not even drove my car with the super chargwr and all 8 cylinders running yet. Let alone with a tune on it once I get one I may be just fine with what it is..., that being said, once I have driven it for a week (probably two days) with a tune on it with the charger.... I will decide which one to go with for the top end. But I'm pretty sure I'm going to get the tfs without the cam. Maybe stage 1 cam. Or maybe a different cam. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And yea the dyno shop that is 4 hours away is booked until mid April which isn't far off. But I don't know my exact schedule yet. If it works out correctly and I can get it in on a Saturday april 11 on my way down to the sf Giants home opener I'll drop
It off then and go from there

I haven't done a top end yet. The car has been in the shop for almost two weeks. Went in for alignment after I put Suspendion on. Ran into tire rub. Fixed that. Needed new steering rack. Fixed that. Clunk in the steering so ordered a new shaft. Blah blah blah. It ws one of those things I took it in for alignment and said oh yea **** it its here already go ahead and fix that rack. Fix that too. Anyway. While it has sat there and I have been on here getting much needed different points of views from people that have done this or that. I decided I have not even drove my car with the super chargwr and all 8 cylinders running yet. Let alone with a tune on it once I get one I may be just fine with what it is..., that being said, once I have driven it for a week (probably two days) with a tune on it with the charger.... I will decide which one to go with for the top end. But I'm pretty sure I'm going to get the tfs without the cam. Maybe stage 1 cam. Or maybe a different cam. Lol

The TFS stage 1 cam is just as street able as stock providing the car has at-least 355 gear in it . My car drove down low like a stock car with that setup and my blower

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate

I haven't done a top end yet. The car has been in the shop for almost two weeks. Went in for alignment after I put Suspendion on. Ran into tire rub. Fixed that. Needed new steering rack. Fixed that. Clunk in the steering so ordered a new shaft. Blah blah blah. It ws one of those things I took it in for alignment and said oh yea **** it its here already go ahead and fix that rack. Fix that too. Anyway. While it has sat there and I have been on here getting much needed different points of views from people that have done this or that. I decided I have not even drove my car with the super chargwr and all 8 cylinders running yet. Let alone with a tune on it once I get one I may be just fine with what it is..., that being said, once I have driven it for a week (probably two days) with a tune on it with the charger.... I will decide which one to go with for the top end. But I'm pretty sure I'm going to get the tfs without the cam. Maybe stage 1 cam. Or maybe a different cam. Lol

Kinda sounds like they gave you the okie doke.. Was the steering rack leaking? Did you go in for an alignment and they said we can't align it because you're steering rack blah blah blah? Did you ever look to see if there has already been an sct chip installed?

The steering rack I knew about but forgot on the mix and was gonna do myself. Then they called and said I needed one. So I said get we did. And no I haven't checked for chop. Forst thjng tomorroe i will. The car is new to me.. Haven't really gone through much of it like I should have. I got it threw suspension on and tool to shop

The steering rack I knew about but forgot on the mix and was gonna do myself. Then they called and said I needed one. So I said get we did. And no I haven't checked for chop. Forst thjng tomorroe i will. The car is new to me.. Haven't really gone through much of it like I should have. I got it threw suspension on and tool to shop

Ask them which rack they are puttin on- there are two- one is a quick rato and one standard. You want the one that has a better "quick" ratio of turns 15:1. Be careful as buying many remans they say theyare the better one but put standard parts in the rack. I think Autozone sells themwith a lifetime warranty.

Not to really screw you up, but you can also swap a 2003-2004 Cobra rack and get a much better feel. You nee the Cobra rack, with a Max Motorsports hybrid steering shaft and tie rods ends from a 93 Taurus

Or.. you can drop the $$ and buy this one- a Cobra spec rack in the fox body rack Quick Ratio Steering Rack with Quick Ratio 15:1, FOX - CorteX Racing

I am sure they know this, but make sure they flush all of the old fluid out of the system and replace it with new type F

They said it was a performance one. Said the one on it was a 3 turn and the one they ordered was a 2.5. Not sure what that means. I'm assuming it means it takes two and a half turns to fully turn the wheels as compared to 3 full turns. I'll find out what's it was they out in. I told them I want all performance :poo: none of the cheap stuff. It will be a learning curve on my part regardless

Ask them which rack they are puttin on- there are two- one is a quick rato and one standard. You want the one that has a better "quick" ratio of turns 15:1. Be careful as buying many remans they say theyare the better one but put standard parts in the rack. I think Autozone sells themwith a lifetime warranty.

Not to really screw you up, but you can also swap a 2003-2004 Cobra rack and get a much better feel. You nee the Cobra rack, with a Max Motorsports hybrid steering shaft and tie rods ends from a 93 Taurus

Or.. you can drop the $$ and buy this one- a Cobra spec rack in the fox body rack Quick Ratio Steering Rack with Quick Ratio 15:1, FOX - CorteX Racing

I am sure they know this, but make sure they flush all of the old fluid out of the system and replace it with new type F

If you do go this route, I would recommend buying the new one. I bought a used 03/04 Cobra rack and ended up having to rebuild it like a year later. (I did make sure to have mine rebuilt, I didn't exchange it).

If you can drive a car with the Cobra rack before going through the upgrade, do it. I had my expectations set way to high before I did mine. Your car will still steer much more like a Fox Mustang than a BMW.