Top End Upgrade??

Do you smell antifreeze in the exhaust vapor? that would be a concern.

I believe there is a test for antifreeze in the exhaust vapor? Anyone?

Water will naturally collect as the exhaust cools and steam as it warms up. more so for a car thats been sitting...

Do what advised above, dipstick look like oil or tan goop? rad water will drop when engine reaches temp and thermostat opens up, add more water.

What do you see after these steps?

• Sponsors (?)

Whatever you do...DO NOT ROMP ON IT! If no one answers the codes questions I'll check when I get off work( J will probably before me and post all the checklists/fixes). Have you checked the oil yet? It sounds like a head gasket to me also. But hopefully its not worse like a cracked block(unlikely). You may be swapping the topend quicker than you thought.

with the car warm and idling, remove the radiator cap- if you see bubbles then most likely the head gasket is toast. Another way to tell is
  • pull out the spark plugs and see if they are white from coolant.
  • pull the dipstick and see if the oil is milky
  • look in the radiator and see if it is oily
  • if you have a steady white smoke out the tail pipe,

Sure fire way to check is to go rent a coolant leak test kit and an ehxaust gas test kit. The water went somewhere. Problem now is to find out why and what damage if any was done.

That is an old pic. The charger is hooked up. And it is not stock exhaust. No cat x pipe. I'll get pics of exhaust when I have it jacked up for lip roll

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is an old pic. The charger is hooked up. And it is not stock exhaust. No cat x pipe. I'll get pics of exhaust when I have it jacked up for lip roll

wait- you asked us to diagnose a problem and posted pics that are outdated.

Skeptical-Baby.jpg

Water is fine. It's running normal. Idk what the deal was. There isn't any moisture on the ground. The shop said they didn't touch anything that would have drained the water, but it was empty. Pump is working. No water in oil. Spark plugs look fine. Idk

I mean they did an oil change. Every little tiny oil change spot I've even been to checks all other fluids as well. And this is suppose to be a "performance" shop lol.

I mean they did an oil change. Every little tiny oil change spot I've even been to checks all other fluids as well. And this is suppose to be a "performance" shop lol.

Let me put on my Columbo trenchcoat for a second

1. Did the car overheat before you took it to this shop
2. Did the car overheat after you picked it up from the shop
3. Was the radiator cap and overfill cap on tight and properly when you checked them after it overheated.

Leaks are not alway readily visible. I would rent a free leak checker and a coolant exhaust check test kit for peace of mind at this point. The shop is going to disavow any liability of course. There is no reason for them to fiddle with the radiator cap. If the fluid was low, they would only add to the overflow.

Let me put on my Columbo trenchcoat for a second

1. Did the car overheat before you took it to this shop
2. Did the car overheat after you picked it up from the shop
3. Was the radiator cap and overfill cap on tight and properly when you checked them after it overheated.

Leaks are not alway readily visible. I would rent a free leak checker and a coolant exhaust check test kit for peace of mind at this point. The shop is going to disavow any liability of course. There is no reason for them to fiddle with the radiator cap. If the fluid was low, they would only add to the overflow.
It's gotta be a pretty sizeable leak I'd think for it all to run out on the way to the shop and back. Say @billbosc , Do you did you check the coolant prior to taking the ride to the shop? It could've been low then and leaked out more too and from. But it seems like the shop would say hey, your car leaked coolant all over our floor. But moving forward, The next time you start er pop the hood first, take the cap off of the radiator and look inside and see how much water is in it. If it's not right below the neck add water until it is. Then start the car and get out and look in the neck and watch to see if the water level drops. If it does, add water until it is right below the neck. Repeat this process until the water level stays steady and or shoots out the neck a little the put the cap back on. While doing this periodically check the temp gauge, when it's at operating temp is when the water coming out of the neck will happen.
After you do all of this and the cap is back on poke around and check for leaks. Likely places are fittings that go to the hard lines and around the thermostat housing. If you see no leaks take a ride around the block and keep an eye on your temp gauge. After it's cooled take the cap off and check the water and look on the ground for puddles.
It was bone dry when you checked it last? It's gotta be leaking somewhere and your has gotten in the engine. If the car is running fine I doubt you have a blown head gasket. You'd know if there's water in the motor, it'd run like sht and then it wouldn't run at all.