Top speed with 410's

• Sponsors (?)

honestly whats the fun in flooring a 3000lb+ car at 100mph to take minutes to get it to its power/drag limited top speed. Don't get me wrong its fun as hell in a 400+hp car and faster or in my own experience a 150whp 600lb bike. still not as fun as dead hooking at 6000rpms though

jimfitzgerald said:
I've taken my automatic with 4.10's to 130 mph. That's in the 1/4 mile, on the track, in 3rd gear. I think I took it to 80 mph on the highway in OD. :rlaugh: Anyone who drives faster than this on the street... :notnice:

Actually, your top speed is the same with 3.27's, 3.73's, or 4.10's. Why do people continue to ask this question? :shrug:

Actually, top speed isnt the same with different gears. it all depends on whether the vehicle is limited by rpm or by aerodynamics. top speed would be faster wilh 3.27 gears if you had enough hp to take it to red line. In a mostly stock mustang with 3.73 or 4.10 gears the top speed will be faster because it will be higher in its power band producing higher power, and have an indirect relation to air drag. :nice:

steedastangt said:
Actually, top speed isnt the same with different gears. it all depends on whether the vehicle is limited by rpm or by aerodynamics. top speed would be faster wilh 3.27 gears if you had enough hp to take it to red line. In a mostly stock mustang with 3.73 or 4.10 gears the top speed will be faster because it will be higher in its power band producing higher power, and have an indirect relation to air drag. :nice:
great who cares??

steedastangt said:
That's the point. We are limited by aerodynamics, weight, and horsepower, not rpm. That being a given, it then depends on where you are in the power band. Horsepower only climbs to a certain rpm, then it starts to fall off. So, who knows, and who gives a rats ass. :shrug:

So none of you guys have ever driven you car fast on a open road before? I mean we all have mothers so we don't need to hear the whole

"only drive you car fast at the track crap"

I think you too old or left your testicalls somewhere else if you can honestly say you have never broken the speed limit before.

top speed of a car with 4.10's 6000rpm redline and stock tire height is 167mph

so you don't really need to argue over it just do the math. Now you car has to enough toque to overcome the drag of the car. I dont' have 4.10's so I can coment.

now if you ajust you tire size or rev limiter that is going to change.

my car doesn't hit top speed in the 1/4 mile and I don't live next to any two mile ovals or anything. the track is really not an option.

I guess it is about mentality. I have never lived my life like it is a safty contest. Ever vehicle I have ever owned I had to see what it cold do. find a back road and go for it.

I can't imigine living anyother way. ohh well at least we have the safty monitors of the world to save ourselves from ourselves and give us lectures about how stupid we are.

I'll post here...WTF? I'm not a 'straight line' freak anyway so 1/4 mile runs alone just don't do it for me.

So far I've seen 4800 RPM in 5th with my 3:73s. Calculator says.........148 MPH. My speedo said almost exactly the same thing....as far as I can remember....didn't look too hard. :D