top speed with 430's

raph130 said:
no?? hahah. im amazed at your ignorance. ford does exactly that. and you know what gm also does it. i read about it in mm&ff, and some chevy mag.

go use a gear speed calculator. i used a pretty good one that u must input the gear ratio of your transmission, rear end, and tire size. my friend has 4.10's in his mustang and hits 167mph around 6200rpms in 5th gear. say no again and you dont deserve to drive that mustang.

My ignorance huh?...you have given many posts here recently that aren't very accurate and you either need to back off and not post "false" ideas or atleast except when your wrong...just a thought...

I thought you weren't a magazine reader?

Just because you put some numbers into a calculater doesn't mean the car can go 160mph...you need the power to get it there...

NO...(I guess I don't deserve my car :nonono: )...if that is the friend that has the drag suspension and the 410's and that is is...he isn't going to even touch 167mph...sorry...

Michael Yount put it very well...

• Sponsors (?)

hello everyone, I am raph's friend with the 4.10's, and yes, I have hit 6000 rpms on the highway in fifth gear with 255/50/16's with stock intake and heads. I hit over 140mph at least two times a week ( I goto work very early in the morning and there is never anyone else ont the highway, especially considering I work weekends) I have never had any problems with gas mileage or increased engine wear b/c of my gears ( I get 22 mpg) when I change my oil it always comes out looking the same as it did when it went in and I run no t-stat to boot!

need a fast car said:
yeah I won't go any lower then 4.30's my car is kinda of POS I bought it for 4500. has 162k, but its got a Pro 50, 3550, cobra front an rear bumpers, a cobra R hood, and some other crap. going to go with a 306 probullet and afr 185 heads and the FTI cam. reason heads will be so big is because theere willl be a PTK on it one day. now I'm just debating wether or not to go with 4.30's or 4.56's. I think that all mustangs should have came with 4.10's stock :D

That gear will be WAY to much when you get a blower on there...you will have SERIOUS traction problems...if you were going N/A and this wasn't a daily driver...then the gear would be acceptable...but not with a power adder plus h/c/i...

boldsword said:
hello everyone, I am raph's friend with the 4.10's, and yes, I have hit 6000 rpms on the highway in fifth gear with 255/50/16's with stock intake and heads. I hit over 140mph at least two times a week ( I goto work very early in the morning and there is never anyone else ont the highway, especially considering I work weekends) I have never had any problems with gas mileage or increased engine wear b/c of my gears ( I get 22 mpg) when I change my oil it always comes out looking the same as it did when it went in and I run no t-stat to boot!

Hmm...is this his friend or Raph?

Anyways...ya'll got pretty similar stories...140mph is dangerous...

Raph said he runs with no T-stat to? hmm....

It is common sense that a higher gear on these cars like 410's will get you worse gas mileage...engine wear also occurs more because your running higher rpms...more common sense...

Your oil comes out the same as when you put it in? When do you change it? Every 100 miles?

Raph said you did 167mph..."your" car won't do it...if you have a stock engine...

i dont understand why people think it is some sort of "rule" that anything over 4.10's shouldnt be used on a street car. if someone wants to put 4.30 or 4.56 gears on a daily driven car what is the big deal. the original post wasnt asking if he should put 4.30s in,he was aking top speed. mabye he dosent care if he losses 4-6 MPG and that he will hit 3000+ rpms on the highway

raph130 said:
it does not take 400hp to push a car to 170mph. what are you retarded? i can hit 150mph with stock gears in 4th gear. my friends stang hits 167mph with 4.10s in 5th. and i already know that some wouldn't believe it because they dont have the balls to try hitting that speed anyway. so thats why id have to tell u speed and rpms with a gear calculator.

Obviously you are correct and we are all wrong and know nothing :shrug:

Is it that we don't have the "balls" to do it or we respect our lives and those of others?

Your "friends" car doesn't do 167mph...

You put people at risk with your driving style...your poor car... :(

Since there is so much doubt as to my existence here is a vid of my car
http://modernmuscle.net/SmokeyBurnoutHome/Page1/CalebWheelStand.htm

As for my oil I change it anywhere between 1500 and 3000 miles depending on how lazy I am feeling, running higher rpms would logistically mean more engine wear yes, but runnin 2-3000 rpm's on the highway isn't revving the hell out of your engine. I have hit 6000 rpm's in my car in fifth gear, it takes four times the horsepower to push a car double it's capable speed due to aero-friction, my four cylinder notchback was capable of 120mph, and it only had 95 hp so I really don't think it is inconceivable for my car to be capable of 170, especially considering these cars could hit 150 from the factory it's only a 40 percent increase in speed needing only a 160% increase in power. Making 160% more power then a four cylinder mustang isn't exactly the toughest thing to do.

raph130 said:
it does not take 400hp to push a car to 170mph. what are you retarded? i can hit 150mph with stock gears in 4th gear. my friends stang hits 167mph with 4.10s in 5th. and i already know that some wouldn't believe it because they dont have the balls to try hitting that speed anyway. so thats why id have to tell u speed and rpms with a gear calculator. you guys are all talk with no action to back it up.

go take your mustangs on the highway past midnight and keep going until u reach at least 6000 rpms in 4th gear (stock gears), congradulations you just hit over 160mph in 4th gear with a whole gear remaining. if you've got a intake and cam you can def use 5th gear and reach 170mph. very well under 400hp. were talking under 300rwhp. until you guys go out and try it for yourself....SHUT UP and stop theorising.

Stock gears? Well, there are different types of gears that were "stock". My 2.73s will not allow my car to get into the powerband due to the car is not very aerodymanic. Wind pushes to much on the car, thus the car can not rev higher.

Even if you did hit 160 in 4th, if you shifted into 5th your speed will drop. If you are trusting the stock 140 cluster, you should know better. They start to read incorrectly at about 110 if I remember right.

boldsword said:
Since there is so muchdoubt as to my existance here is a vid of my car
http://modernmuscle.net/SmokeyBurnoutHome/Page1/CalebWheelStand.htm

As for my oil I change it anywhere between 1500 and 3000 miles depending on how lazy I am feeling, running higher rpms would logistically mean more engine wear yes, but runnin 2-3000 rpm's on the highway isn't revving the hell out of your engine. I have hit 6000 rpm's in my car in fifth gear, it takes four times the horsepower to push a car double it's capable speed due to aero-friction, my four cylinder notchback was capable of 120mph, and it only had 95 hp so I really don't think it is inconceivable for my car to be capable of 170, especially considering these cars could hit 150 from the factory it's only a 40 percent increase in speed needing only a 160% increase in power. Making 160% more power then a four cylinder mustang isn't exactly the toughest thing to do.

Ya'll posted back to back? The car in the video and the car that Raph130 has pictured are awfully identical...

Anyways...how do you know you did 120mph? The speedos (assuming a foxbody) say 85mph? A buddy of mine has a 92 2.3L and it topped out around 95mph...

Aerodynamics and Power are not directly proportional...

There is a HUGE difference (power, weight, suspension, aerodynamics) between 100mph and 150mph...it is not the same difference as 50mph and 100mph...even though on paper that both situations are 50mph apart...

Your car can't do 167mph with your given mods...

Raph130 - Go buy a civic...it will be much safer for you and you can use some of your mentality that will match the Honda line better...

raph130 said:
is there wax in your ear buddy? what speed would a mustang be going with 4.10 gears in 5th gear at 6000rpms?? answer the question. the facts cannot be denied. yes if you all answer saying no, then i guess you are all ignorant.

hey, tell me who i have a chance of hurting on the empty highway at 3am? the countless bugs that get smashed on my bumper??lol

I have Q-tips....

YOUR car can not do 167mph and neither can your friends car with ya'lls mods...sorry it is just a fact...quit using calculators and factor real world physics into it...aerodynamics...not what it can do on a dyno theoretically...

Who can you hurt? Well another person driving down the road at 3am...you think you are the only one that drives around at 3am in the United States? What about your own life? A deer, possum, etc...run over or into one of those at that speed could mean disaster for you, your car, and the other member of the animal kingdom and any other obstruction (living or dead) in your way...